Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Rain
Post subject: A PoMo Link on Sexuality  PostPosted: Sep 13, 2007 - 01:48 AM

Here's something that should occupy a boring afternoon.

Postmodernism Generator

Don't get too high on this stuff. It's not that serious.

Reply with quote Back to top
Rain
Post subject: RE: A PoMo Link on Sexuality  PostPosted: Sep 13, 2007 - 02:02 AM

Quote:
“Sexuality is part of the fatal flaw of consciousness,” says Lyotard; however, according to Humphrey[3] , it is not so much sexuality that is part of the fatal flaw of consciousness, but rather the absurdity, and eventually the dialectic, of sexuality. Thus, many semioticisms concerning the semioticist paradigm of context exist. The subject is contextualised into a neomodern narrative that includes consciousness as a reality.

In the works of Burroughs, a predominant concept is the concept of cultural truth. But Derrida promotes the use of Batailleist `powerful communication’ to modify and challenge class. Baudrillard’s critique of Sartreist absurdity suggests that sexuality has objective value, given that truth is distinct from art.

The characteristic theme of the works of Burroughs is not, in fact, sublimation, but postsublimation. In a sense, Marx uses the term ‘the semioticist paradigm of context’ to denote the common ground between society and sexual identity. The subject is interpolated into a Sartreist absurdity that includes truth as a whole.

But the main theme of Abian’s[4] model of Batailleist `powerful communication’ is the fatal flaw, and hence the failure, of subcapitalist class. Any number of theories concerning a mythopoetical totality may be found.

However, Lyotard uses the term ‘Sontagist camp’ to denote the role of the reader as participant. Many discourses concerning Batailleist `powerful communication’ exist.

Thus, the primary theme of the works of Joyce is a cultural paradox. Sartre uses the term ‘Sartreist absurdity’ to denote not situationism, as Bataille would have it, but presituationism.

Therefore, the meaninglessness of Batailleist `powerful communication’ prevalent in Joyce’s Finnegan’s Wake is also evident in Dubliners, although in a more mythopoetical sense. Derrida uses the term ‘neoconstructivist discourse’ to denote the paradigm, and therefore the fatal flaw, of modern society.

But an abundance of narratives concerning a self-falsifying reality may be discovered. Lacan uses the term ‘the semioticist paradigm of context’ to denote not desublimation, but subdesublimation.

I live for this shit! Really, I do. I still have all my semiotics textbooks and media criticism curriculum course work.

Expound away...pardon me while I go smoke a "L" (a doobie, a spliff, a blunt, a woolla, etc...). I find that way more enlighntening and a clearer path to personal understanding...

Puff...puff...puff...

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 13, 2007 - 04:07 AM

I totally love the PoMo gibberish generator. It would have been damn helpful back in the 80s when the academicians were making me write stuff (kind of) like that.

I remember especially a bizarre diatribe that one of my professors launched into about a sculptural object I had made. I can't even force my brain to dredge up the nonsense he was spouting, but 'deconstruct' featured prominently. He was also going on about how it wasn't really what it was and how it wasn't really there.

"Dude... seriously," I said. "It's there. If someone were to whack you on the head with it you would know quite clearly that it's there. And it's really a garden lantern. Look -- you put fire in here and light comes out."

Now, if someone really wants to wax poetic about garden lanterns that create but a single, small point of light but illuminate nothing, they may go right ahead. While they're doing so, some other (no doubt less educated) fellow will likely have followed the light and drunk all their cups of tea.

No tea for you.

Sometimes sculptures mean something and sometimes they're just really interestingly shaped door-stops. And sometimes they have little burning bits inside and point the way to your cup of tea.

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 13, 2007 - 04:53 AM

Quote:
but 'deconstruct' featured prominently

Deconstructionism is never a good look. Not even on runway models. Never mind that it's inherently undefineable, it lacks the immediacy of semiotics, for instance, which at its heart, is grounded in methodological empiricism. And while the deconstructionist "model" is at face value, based on objective analyses of observed localized experience(s), it fails to make a connection to a greater and wider observation.

If you deconstruct Kate Moss, you may come away with the reasons behind her marketable anorexia, but you won't find the rationale for the reasons why young women become anorexic.

OK...back to my weed...puff, puff, puff...!

Jump to: