Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject: Ellen DeGeneres: "I'm not political"  PostPosted: Sep 04, 2007 - 07:57 PM

Ellen DeGeneres:

Quote:
"What I'm having a hard time with is it's the same questions over and over and over again, and it's the same guests. Some of them, you know, the inside voice is 'wow, you're still working?'"

Quote:
"Hillary Clinton is our first guest ... but I'm not into politics. It's either going to be interesting, confusing or really boring. I have no idea what to ask her at all because I really don't know politics,"

Does she not make the connection?

Reply with quote Back to top
vanrozenheim
Post subject: RE: Ellen DeGeneres: "I  PostPosted: Sep 04, 2007 - 09:25 PM
Site Admin

I don't know how seriously this "I really don't know politics" is. Adult citizens of average intelligence should be generally informed about would is going on in the world. Knowing nothing about politics is hardly something to be proud of. Doesn't she know the original meaning of the Greek word ἰδιώτης?

Rain
Post subject: RE: Ellen DeGeneres: "I  PostPosted: Sep 05, 2007 - 02:44 AM

Hmmm...any stance is a political one. Even a lack of one is a political one. I don't think DeGeneres is so much "apolitical" as she is pro-ratings. In this case, she figured she'd provide a platform for Hillary but buttress any criticism by absolving herself beforehand.

Some of her viewers may not share her political leanings...or lack thereof.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Jump to: