Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Kyleovision
Post subject: Apologies in advance  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 11:15 AM

You guys may or may not know that I'm co-writer of a blog about the controversial prosecution of two men in the murder of a fellow named Bryan Kocis.

The blog has suddenly become controversial in itself, and my hitherto openly proclaimed identity as Kyleovision has been bandied about on several hostile blogs. There are all sorts of odd folks saying all sorts of odd things now. My screen name has been spoofed at least once, and I expect more of the same as things progress.

Obviously, a simple google search could lead my detractors here. I apologize in advance if that circumstance causes more work for the moderators.

Reply with quote Back to top
berto
Post subject: Re: Apologies in advance  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 01:02 PM

Kyleovision wrote:
Obviously, a simple google search could lead my detractors here.

*dusting his hands*

Bring 'em on...

Rain
Post subject: RE: Re: Apologies in advance  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 01:53 PM

Quote:
Bring 'em on...

I'm itching with anticipation. I'm a bit out of practice since the 365 days, but I'm sure one round with a homophobic cybertroll is all I need.

Kyleovision
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 04:28 PM

These would not be homophobic trolls, but rather, wholly mad gay guys who, among other things, accuse me of working for the DA's office in Luzerne county, PA and further allege that I've been seeking to spread disinformation in order to poison the jury pool in the upcoming trial of two other gay men, Harlow Cuadra and Joseph Kerekes.

Don't ask. lol

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 06:34 PM

Luzerne County? I think not. Never Luzerne County.

In any event, it shall not be "more work."

vanrozenheim
Post subject: Re: Apologies in advance  PostPosted: Sep 01, 2007 - 04:13 AM
Site Admin

Kyleovision wrote:
You guys may or may not know that I'm co-writer of a blog about the controversial prosecution of two men in the murder of a fellow named Bryan Kocis.

The only apology you owe us is that you contribute to that blog instead of contributing to this forum more frequently. Wink Let them all come, your adversaries - we will convert them all.

Rain
Post subject: RE: Re: Apologies in advance  PostPosted: Sep 01, 2007 - 09:57 PM

What I find odd is this:

Why would a blog be considered more impactful than any other kind of medium? Also, if there is a real concern about influencing the jury, wouldn't sequestering that jury be the most prudent thing to do?

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Feral
Post subject: RE: Re: Apologies in advance  PostPosted: Sep 02, 2007 - 05:29 AM

LOL The jury has not yet been seated -- the case in question is barely out of the indictment phase. As for why a blog might be considered of any influence in this matter at all -- I can only imagine that delusion enters in. Blogs devoted to this particular topic are heavily dependent upon other, more mainstream, media sources themselves. I hardly imagine that it is possible for a blog about a particular trial to be of any more influence than local newspapers and television stations. Besides... the typical blog receives between 1000 and 3000 visitors a day, and these visitors are scattered (rather unevenly) around the world. This pales in comparison to the circulation of a local newspaper, the circulation of which is likely to be in the tens of thousands and whose audience is largely confined to that specific region. If someone wishes to accuse someone else of "poisoning the jury pool," they shall best point their fingers at local newspapers and television stations. Blogs, no matter how popular, simply do not attract the attention of sufficient people to disturb the jury selection process.

Jump to: