Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
vanrozenheim
Post subject: Genghis Khan  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 01:45 AM
Site Admin

Gay sex was punishable by death under Genghis Khan's rule
Quote:
That was among the findings of Chinese researchers who spent more than a year compiling the legendary Mongolian conqueror's code of laws, the official Xinhua News Agency said Thursday.

His early 13th century empire stretched across Asia all the way to central Europe.

Article 48 of the code said men who "committed sodomy shall be put to death," according to experts at a research institute in the Chinese region of Inner Mongolia.

The experts at the Research Institute of Ancient Mongolian Laws and Sociology said the ban was put into place because Genghis Khan wanted to expand the Mongolian population, which was about 1.5 million at the time. The rival Song Dynasty, which dominated today's central China, was 100 million strong, Xinhua said.

[..]

Experts compiled the Mongolian code based on historical texts, including Marco Polo's travelogue, Xinhua said. The original text was lost more than 600 years ago.

Somehow I doubt that the word "sodomy" was in the lexicon of the old Mongolians. The interpretation that the intention behind such a law (if it ever existed in this form) is raising population is ridiculous. Before the invention of the pill and preservatives, ancient societies were not known to experience ANY difficulties to make a sufficient number of babies. On contrary, they were very much troubled with getting fed the ones they had.

What fancy ideas these scholars folks have, by times...

Reply with quote Back to top
Rain
Post subject: RE: Genghis Khan  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 03:53 AM

Quote:
The original text was lost more than 600 years ago.

Pretty self-explanatory if you ask me. Kinda like the bible...mostly conjecture and time-worn oral traditions that got more and more fabulous with every telling. That word, fabulous, is rooted in the latin verb "fabulare" (to speak)...the ancestor of "hablar" in Spanish and "falar" in Portuguese and "fable" in English. You would think "researchers" would excercise more caution in publicizing what amounts to questionable facts. But, political agendas and the ruling party's directives must be followed and ultimately take precedence over the facts.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Feral
Post subject: RE: Genghis Khan  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 04:22 AM

Quote:
The original text was lost more than 600 years ago.

Next the Chinese will be telling us that they have magically reconstituted some lost work of Aristotle.

Rain
Post subject: RE: Genghis Khan  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 02:26 PM

Quote:
Article 48 of the code said men who "committed sodomy shall be put to death," according to experts at a research institute in the Chinese region of Inner Mongolia.

The experts at the Research Institute of Ancient Mongolian Laws and Sociology said the ban was put into place because Genghis Khan wanted to expand the Mongolian population, which was about 1.5 million at the time. The rival Song Dynasty, which dominated today's central China, was 100 million strong, Xinhua said.

Somehow this hints at rampant sodomy among Genghis' mounted hordes.

Oh, the mental imagery of mounted hordes!

Excuse me...I must have a moment alone. I'll be back in 15 minutes after I've...um...smoked a...um...cigarette.

berto
Post subject: Re: RE: Genghis Khan  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 02:39 PM

Rain wrote:
Oh, the mental imagery of mounted hordes!

I am willing to be corrected on this, but I recall reading a few years ago that it was standard practise among Khan's "Mongol hordes" that -- at least "in the field" -- the soldiers/cavalry routinely had sex with their horses.

If this is accurate, then apparently beastiality was preferable to queer sex, at least as far as Khan was concerned...

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!

(oops! wrong Khan!)

Rain
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Genghis Khan  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 02:40 PM

OK...that's NOT the mental imagery I was going for, 'berto!

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

berto
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Genghis Khan  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 02:48 PM

Rain wrote:
OK...that's NOT the mental imagery I was going for, 'berto!

How about this?

Or do you prefer a younger version?

Rain
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Genghis Khan  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 03:00 PM

Nope...Ricardo never did it for me. I think it's that rug he wears. I actually saw a pic of Montalbán when he was very young. I mean really young...like 1930s or so. He was hotness back then.

berto
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Genghis Khan  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 03:21 PM

Kind of like Jose Ferrer? *hee hee* Very Happy

Rain
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Genghis Khan  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 03:34 PM

Actually, I really think that Cesar Romero in the full flower of youth was more my speed. Apparently so did Tyrone Power. Oh to be a fly on that power couple's bedroom wall in their hey day. The sex must have been seismic.

berto
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Genghis Khan  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 03:57 PM

Rain wrote:
Actually, I really think that Cesar Romero in the full flower of youth was more my speed. Apparently so did Tyrone Power. Oh to be a fly on that power couple's bedroom wall in their hey day. The sex must have been seismic.

I'm sorry, but I *cannot* think of Cesar Romero without thinking of The Joker, circa 1968. Not a turn-on...

Rain
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Genghis Khan  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 04:16 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I *cannot* think of Cesar Romero without thinking of The Joker, circa 1968. Not a turn-on...

Guess you're not into the makeup. The makeup only ads an extra kinky dimension. It was rumoured he was hung like a sperm whale.

Picture THAT in a green wig and ruby-red lips!

berto
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Genghis Khan  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 04:45 PM

Quote:
It was rumoured he was hung like a sperm whale.

Like this?

Rain
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Genghis Khan  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 04:48 PM

Quote:
Like this?

BIGGER! He was Cuban, for crissake! And over 6 feet tall! A lethal combination for any queen!

Feral
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Genghis Khan  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 06:36 PM

LOL

Rolling

vanrozenheim
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 01, 2007 - 01:57 AM
Site Admin

Muwhahaha - the whale thing was just weird. Wink I move it to the badinage section.

P.S. Ancient Mongols were not known for having sex with horses, but they actually used to make a small cut to those horses necks and drink the blood. This was both nutritious and provided their bodies with necessary water, since Mongolia is a really, really dry place by times. Idea

Jump to: