Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 05:20 AM

For those of you who are interested...a copy of Larry Craig's arrest report.

I'm sure inquiring minds want to know. BTW...the charge was LEWD CONDUCT. You will need a PDF reader to view it.

Now, was I right, or was I right?

I'm STILL grinning like an idiot! Rolling

Reply with quote Back to top
Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 05:23 AM

He didn't even FLUSH the toilet. Fer, I wanted to put this last link up because I KNEW YOU would appreciate it.

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 05:40 AM

Why would he flush the toilet? It's not like he was using it for it's intended purpose. At least, not according to the plain clothes cop.

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 05:44 AM

Don't really know for sure. He may have indeed done #2. The man had to sit down on it to give "the signal" under the bathroom stall divider.

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 06:12 AM

Rain wrote:
Now, was I right, or was I right?

Oh, you were right, all right. For some as of yet unexplained reason he was able to plead guilty to a lesser charge than the two he was arrested for. It's odd, though nowhere near so odd as pleading guilty in the first place. I note, however, that nowhere in the arrest report is there any indication that the senator did not know what he was being arrested for... just an (entirely understandable) unwillingness to leave the restroom in the company of a police officer. I would have expected at least some curiosity on this score... if the senator's subsequent explanations of his behavior are accurate.

vanrozenheim
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 06:54 AM
Site Admin

Rain wrote:
Yes, there's a general western, indeed HETEROSEXUAL, belief that if you do not marry there is something somehow wrong with you.

Uhm, time for me to look for a husband? Twisted Evil

It isvery unlikely for me prsonally to ever jump as high to meet the glas ceiling by myself, but I heard some friends complain, yes. I was confronted once with the argument that a single man does not "need" the same money as his married straight counterpart, that much can be certified. Ridiculously, the argumentation never worked the other way, e.g. when the wife of the straight colleague was well-employed.

In many, many medium-sized businesses here in Germany it is clearly expected that an employee in a leading position is married, a Christian and has 2 children (Germany is an over-populated country). They will never be as foolish to admit such things in larger public, but they are quitely observing the employees and making their conclusions and decisions.

How much someone must love money and power to twist his life into being a homophobic right-wing republican Senator?

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 01:39 PM

Quote:
Editorial
Disowning Senator Craig

Published: August 31, 2007
The Republican Party is in quite a rush to keelhaul Senator Larry Craig for his run-in with the vice squad in an airport men’s room. Disclosure of the senator’s guilty plea to disorderly conduct set off a frenzy to demand an investigation by the Senate’s somnolent Ethics Committee and to strip Mr. Craig of his committee seniority. Some of the senator’s peers simply demanded that he resign.

[...]

Being stupid as a member of Congress is hardly a reason to be ridden on a rail from Washington. But Republican presidential campaigners are urging Mr. Craig to resign fast as a swift boat. One senator offered the ultimate rebuff between political pros by returning Mr. Craig’s campaign donation.

[...]

To the extent Senator Craig, a stalwart in the family values caucus, might morph into a blatant hypocrite before the voters’ eyes, he reflects on the party’s record in demonizing homosexuality. The rush to cast him out betrays the party’s intolerance, which is on display for the public in all of its ugliness. But it also betrays their political uneasiness as the next election approaches.

The Times weighs in editorially.

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 01:46 PM

vanrozenheim wrote:
Ridiculously, the argumentation never worked the other way, e.g. when the wife of the straight colleague was well-employed.

And raises and promotions have never been revoked because a married man has divorced his wife.

vanrozenheim wrote:
In many, many medium-sized businesses here in Germany it is clearly expected that an employee in a leading position is married, a Christian and has 2 children (Germany is an over-populated country).

Here the myth requires the arbitrary but statistically appealing 2.5 children. Although no one as of yet has ever seen that .5 child. Presumably, millions of heterosexual couples in America are hiding hideously deformed children. This may explain the need for those raises and promotions...not to mention the myriad financial perks that come with their legally sanctioned marriages.

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 03:07 PM

There was a new book coming out which ironically was going to out Craig.

READ

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 03:18 PM

Tape Released Of Senator's Police Interrogation

Quote:
The officer who arrested Sen. Larry Craig in a police undercover operation at an airport men's room accused the senator of lying to him during an interrogation afterward, according to an audiotape of the arrest.

On the tape, released Thursday by the Minneapolis Airport Police, the Idaho Republican senator, in turn, accuses the officer of soliciting him for sex.

"I'm not gay. I don't do these kinds of things," Craig told Sgt. Dave Karsnia minutes after the two men met in a men's room at the airport on June 11.

"You shouldn't be out to entrap people," Craig told the officer. "I don't want you to take me to jail."

Karsnia replied that Craig wouldn't be going to jail as long as he cooperated.

The two men disagreed about virtually everything that had occurred minutes earlier, including whether there was a piece of paper on the floor of the stall and the meaning of the senator's hand gestures. At no time did Craig admit doing anything wrong, although weeks later he pleaded guilty to a reduced misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct.

"You're not being truthful with me. I'm kind of disappointed in you, senator," Karsnia told Craig during the interrogation.

[...]

On the tape, Craig and the arresting officer can be heard arguing over what happened in the men's room minutes earlier. Craig acknowledges that the men's feet bumped, but says nothing improper happened.

"Did we bump? Yes, I think we did. You said so. I don't disagree with that," Craig said.

But Craig disputes the officer's account that he swept his hand under the stall next to him in an apparent effort to advance the encounter. They even disagree whether Craig used his right hand or his left hand.

Craig said he was merely trying to pick up a piece of paper - an account the officer disputes.

"I'm telling you that I could see, so I know that's your left hand. Also I could see a gold ring on this finger, so that's obvious it was the left hand," Karsnia tells Craig.

"Well we can dispute that," Craig says. "I'm not going to fight you in court. I reached down with my right hand to pick up the paper."

Karsnia said in a police report that he recognized Craig's hand gesture as a signal aimed at initiating sex. "It should be noted that there was not a piece of paper on the bathroom floor, nor did Craig pick up a piece of paper," he said in the report.

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 03:21 PM

Quote:

"Well we can dispute that," Craig says. "I'm not going to fight you in court. I reached down with my right hand to pick up the paper."

Depending on the toilets in question...this shouldn't be hard to prove.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 03:23 PM

We should start a forum poll on who's next to get caught with his pants down. My vote goes for David Dreier, congressman from California's 26th congressional district.

Oh yeah, she's a screamer if I ever sawed one!

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 03:26 PM

Quote:
"I'm not gay. I don't do these kinds of things," Craig told Sgt. Dave Karsnia minutes after the two men met in a men's room at the airport on June 11. "You shouldn't be out to entrap people," Craig told the officer. "I don't want you to take me to jail."

What kinds of things? How Freudian of her! She must be worried about what could happen to middle-aged Senatorial booty in the clink!

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 03:39 PM

Rain wrote:
We should start a forum poll on who's next to get caught with his pants down. My vote goes for David Dreier, congressman from California's 26th congressional district.

Oh yeah, she's a screamer if I ever sawed one!

Is his homosexuality still some sort of secret?!

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 03:46 PM

Quote:

Only to his mummy!

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 03:53 PM

Rain wrote:
Quote:

Only to his mummy!

[drift]"Mummy" ? Not Mommy? How very... British... of you. Smile Or Canadian... Wink [/drift]

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 03:53 PM

GOP Sources: Craig Mulls Resignation From Senate

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 03:55 PM

Quote:
"Mummy" ? Not Mommy? How very... British... of you. Or Canadian...

How very Canadian of you to notice! Speech patterns being what they are in NY, spelling is always drifting here between the two norms too. Theatre is almost always theatre here...not "theater". Likewise, center tends toward centre more than you would expect. And bobby for "cop" is not unheard of. You'd like my correspondence between me and the bloggers of a "polari" site in London on the strange similarities between NYC gay slang and London gay slang. It's almost the same gay dialect.

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 04:00 PM

Meh... I majored in English. I'm a word geek. *blush*

Quote:
Theatre is almost always theatre here...not "theater".

Only barbarians mis-spell theatre... Razz

Last edited by berto on Aug 31, 2007 - 04:02 PM; edited 1 time in total

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 - 04:01 PM

berto wrote:

Quote:
Craig has not made any public statements about his case since an appearance earlier this week in Boise, Idaho, in which he said he had done nothing wrong. "I am not gay. I never have been gay," he added emphatically.

Jump to: