Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Rain
Post subject: Queer Culture War...More post-homosexualist crap!  PostPosted: Aug 13, 2007 - 03:46 AM

Winning the Queer Culture War

Nice...but Hollywood is NOT the average gay man or lesbian on the street who has to resort to a steak knife to excercise the right to just walk peacefully down the street.

And those "middle Americans" Mr. Bronski speaks of should impose some self-constraints on their gay-bashing/murdering children.

Reply with quote Back to top
Feral
Post subject: RE: Queer Culture War...More post-homosexualist crap!  PostPosted: Aug 13, 2007 - 05:58 AM

Quote:
Having just come back from the 2007 Z Media Institute where I taught classes on Queer Theory, Queer Organizing, and Pop Culture, I am reminded of how much of progressive politics happens is connected to popular culture.

I refuse to read further. This sentence is not English. Yes, the writer apparently has been teaching classes at some institute... but what am I to take the remainder of the sentence to mean?

OH... and the author was teaching classes in Queer Theory, of all things. I'm allergic to Queer Theory.

Rain
Post subject: RE: Queer Culture War...More post-homosexualist crap!  PostPosted: Aug 13, 2007 - 06:41 AM

This is the kind of drivel that is being taught to younger LGBT'ers.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Feral
Post subject: RE: Queer Culture War...More post-homosexualist crap!  PostPosted: Aug 13, 2007 - 07:16 AM

And has been for almost twenty years in some places. It is a blight, a virus, a hideous cancer. I just don't have words. When an almost-English teacher doesn't have words......

I feel like yelling the stuff Ricky Ricardo used to yell... except I'm quite certain it was nowhere near harsh enough.

Rain
Post subject: RE: Queer Culture War...More post-homosexualist crap!  PostPosted: Aug 13, 2007 - 07:32 AM

Basically he used to say that Lucy was "loca en la cabeza"...crazy in the head. But really, this is NOT the Queer Criticism I took about 10 years ago. Those dykes that taught me would never even for a second take the useless fodder on television as any sort of depiction of real life or any gauge of progress for gay people. They asked us to look to our own lives and the lives of gay men and women all over the world and ask the needed questions.

This just sickens me. It's another attempt to portray "progress" in terms consumerist ideals.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Jump to: