Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject: Italian pol. calls for queer "ethnic cleansing"  PostPosted: Aug 11, 2007 - 08:49 PM

Italian politician calls for "ethnic cleansing" of queers

YouTube video

Reply with quote Back to top
Rain
Post subject: RE: Italian pol. calls for queer "ethnic cleansing"  PostPosted: Aug 11, 2007 - 09:22 PM

Oh my...but if you can understand Italian...the Italians are calling for his incarceration. He's being denounced as a fascist.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Rain
Post subject: RE: Italian pol. calls for queer "ethnic cleansing"  PostPosted: Aug 11, 2007 - 09:22 PM

And I added my three cents...in Italian...just so they know that the world is watching.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

vanrozenheim
Post subject: RE: Italian pol. calls for queer "ethnic cleansing"  PostPosted: Aug 11, 2007 - 09:34 PM
Site Admin

Mind you, this is a country where people get arrested for nothing more than kissing in front of the colosseum... Gives one to think. Apparently, if the crime is sufficiently severe, some individuals are free from any liability. If Hitler went before Reichstag and made a heap in public, he would be declared mentally ill and safely put into asylum. Unfortunately, he went in front of Reichstag and declared in public that he desires to kill all the Jews -- the public was not in the least shocked, on contrary.

Now, Italy is most assuredly not Germany of 1933, and words of Mr. Gentilini will find little public approval. One shall not think, however, that the general public is totally in disagreement with his opinions. Ask straight people in private what they think about the idea, and some 40% would probably confess that Gentini speaks what they think. Despite all what happened in Germany 1933-1945, despite of Jugoslavia massakres and despite the Rwanda genocide, this fellow dares to speak of "ethnic cleansing" as an acceptable option, and millions silently agree.

Certainly, he will soon claim he didn't mean it that way - but be assured, the latent (and not so latent) genocidal intent against the Gay people is well-preserved in straight hearts.

Rain
Post subject: RE: Italian pol. calls for queer "ethnic cleansing"  PostPosted: Aug 11, 2007 - 09:40 PM

There are provisions in Italian law against calling for the extermination of a people. But believe me when I tell you that they do not apply to homosexuals. I did post a nice little reminder in Italian about the glories of Caligula and Claudius and their contributions to gay history. (SMIRK!)

Rain
Post subject: RE: Italian pol. calls for queer "ethnic cleansing"  PostPosted: Aug 12, 2007 - 09:28 AM

This is hysterical. Those Italians sure know how to curse. One guy said to the people of Treviso that instead of putting thier votes in the ballot box they should have taken a shit in them.

On another note..."vai a farti fottere" I just found out equals our "ve a joderte/hoderte/foderte" and the port. "ve foder-te" and the french "vais fais t'en foutre". Nice to know the latin family of fuck words is intact. You gotta love the latins.

Rain
Post subject: RE: Italian pol. calls for queer "ethnic cleansing"  PostPosted: Aug 12, 2007 - 09:33 AM

Quote:

One shall not think, however, that the general public is totally in disagreement with his opinions.

And Vicky is very, very right. The general public is not totally in disagreement. There are those who are publicly applauding Mr. Gentilini's statements. Mind you she ends her statement with a German word...NEIN!

Jump to: