Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Feral
Post subject: Sydney -- Weekend of Violence  PostPosted: Aug 12, 2007 - 09:48 PM

WEEKEND OF VIOLENCE

Quote:
At least three people were attacked near Oxford St last weekend, in a spate of homophobic violence that has rocked the community.

One known incident occurred at Taylor Square on Sunday afternoon, in which one man was punched in the face and another was hit over the head with a bottle.

The injured men were rushed to St Vincent’s Hospital and have since been released. One of the alleged offenders was arrested by police and charged with assault.

ACON Anti-Violence Project (AVP) coordinator Carl Harris said the attack was one of a number of bashings in the Oxford St precinct at the weekend, but the victims were yet to come forward.

Reply with quote Back to top
Rain
Post subject: RE: Sydney -- Weekend of Violence  PostPosted: Aug 12, 2007 - 10:30 PM

Quote:
Internet Comments:
User Comment
Submitted by Glenn, from Surry Hills, NSW,on the 11/08/2007 4:23:58 PM

I have lived in Surry Hills for 15 years. And in the last six months I have been witness to or have been interviewed by police over three very brutal attacks out front of my house on Bourke Street. This is a significantly higher rate than I have experienced in the previous 15 years. All the men attacked looked queer or alternative. I have also spoken to others who have said that they have also noticed a significant rise in violent crime.

Is this part of the new "post-homosexualist" utopia?

Feral
Post subject: RE: Sydney -- Weekend of Violence  PostPosted: Aug 13, 2007 - 12:38 AM

Nope. It's part of the proof of why the new "post-homosexualist" utopia is a load of self-absorbed (and deluded) crap.

Rain
Post subject: RE: Sydney -- Weekend of Violence  PostPosted: Aug 13, 2007 - 02:10 AM

A friend told me today that as our rights continue to expand we will see more and more attacks by those people who feel threatened by our growing influence and recognition. So, I asked him how he explained thousands of years of gay slaughter and oppression WITHOUT any attendant gay "influence or recognition". Or was it that influence and recognition that led our people into the the bonfires of Torquemada's Inquisition or a similar fate in Cromwell's England and the Puritan Colonies of North America or the gas chambers of the Third Reich?

He's an elightened guy...but the rhetoric of apologetics has never saved a single human life.

Jump to: