Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Rain
Post subject: TLGBTSQQ? Now I've seen EVERYTHING!!!  PostPosted: Aug 12, 2007 - 01:40 AM

Quote:
FIERCE! is a community organization for Transgender, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two Spirit, Queer, and Questioning (TLGBTSQQ) youth of color in New York City.

We may as well just use the whole damn latin alphabet and few greek letters too (hey, the lambda is a gay symbol).

Enough is ENOUGH! We need to start writing to these organizations and tell them to knock it off. We're fuckin' GAY! Queer will do, so will homo. But this anagramic sudoku puzzle has got to stop.

Reply with quote Back to top
vanrozenheim
Post subject: RE: TLGBTSQQ? Now I  PostPosted: Aug 12, 2007 - 07:09 AM
Site Admin

They fortgot the Intersexual (I) and the All-Sexual (AS) part of the community. Rictor Norton was once jokingly saying, that replacing "Gay" with "gay men and lesbians" and the introducing "queer" didn't help much - there will be soon "queer men and lesbians." Rolling

Politically, the simplest way would be to use the word Gay for all kind of the TLGBTSQQIAS - in case there is a need to become more specific, one can still use the "Catamites" and "Lesbians" etc. Culturally, however, there are reasons to separate many of the letters into their own category.

Rain
Post subject: RE: TLGBTSQQ? Now I  PostPosted: Aug 12, 2007 - 07:35 AM

Let's just call ourselves "heathens" and call it a day.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Jump to: