Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject: Thai cops use Hello Kitty to shame rule-breakers  PostPosted: Aug 07, 2007 - 04:32 PM

*click*

Reply with quote Back to top
Feral
Post subject: RE: Thai cops use Hello Kitty to shame rule-breakers  PostPosted: Aug 07, 2007 - 08:22 PM

Quote:
"(Hello) Kitty is a cute icon for young girls. It's not something macho police officers want covering their biceps," Pongpat said.

I guess I'll have to take his word for that. I don't hold out a lot of hope for the success of this strategy. They might want to consider using the same judicial process that is deployed against Thai civilians who litter or park illegally. While fines are of questionable utility in combating minor offenses, Hello Kitty has never (to my knowledge) been shown to have a deterrent affect on criminal activity of any sort. Certainly the cute thing proved to be of little help in protecting the 2006 Gay Agenda.

berto
Post subject: RE: Thai cops use Hello Kitty to shame rule-breakers  PostPosted: Aug 08, 2007 - 04:21 PM

Heh... I just *knew* Fer would respond to this... Very Happy

Feral
Post subject: RE: Thai cops use Hello Kitty to shame rule-breakers  PostPosted: Aug 08, 2007 - 05:29 PM

Why? Because I have a number of Hello Kitty wallpapers for my monitor lurking around on disk somewhere?

It's a little cartoon cat. I fail to see what possible power to "shame" a little cartoon cat could possibly have. The likelihood of success for this scheme seems so low that it brings to mind all manner of possible explanations for it's proposal -- none of them especially flattering.

berto
Post subject: RE: Thai cops use Hello Kitty to shame rule-breakers  PostPosted: Aug 09, 2007 - 07:50 AM

Perhaps I should have said I knew you'd mention the 2006 Gay Agenda in the Hello Kitty trapper keeper... Razz

Feral
Post subject: RE: Thai cops use Hello Kitty to shame rule-breakers  PostPosted: Aug 10, 2007 - 07:13 AM

Well, according to reports, the Agenda was still in it's Hello Kitty trapper keeper when it was misplaced.

Jump to: