Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 20, 2007 - 08:48 AM

Two epochal bookends:

The Boys in The Band and Randy Shilts' And the Band Played On.

A set that encapsulates the beginning and the end of the gay liberation movement's golden age of innocence.

Reply with quote Back to top
Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2007 - 04:57 AM

Breakfast With Scot premieres tomorrow at Toronto Film Fest

Quote:
Well here's some unexpected news: Although it wasn't part of the originally announced lineup, long-awaited (for us, anyway!) gay sports dramedy Breakfast With Scot will make its premiere tomorrow night at the Toronto Film Festival. Considering that the fest has quickly become one of the hottest markets for new films, this is great news.

Those who remember my posts on this film in some other place (now wafted off into Neverland by the Interweb pixies) may recollect that this movie managed to spawn some small amount of controversy just being made at all.

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2007 - 11:53 PM

Cruising

It caused a huge controversy when it opened here. I wondered what all the fuss was about as a kid. A few years later, I was wandering around looking for my own kinda gayness on those same streets.

Jump to: