Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Feral
Post subject: Holding Trevor  PostPosted: Jul 02, 2007 - 11:43 PM

Should you get the chance, you're going to want to see Holding Trevor. It has Jay Brannon in it, if that's an inducement.

Reply with quote Back to top
berto
Post subject: Films to watch for  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2007 - 07:25 PM

This sounds like it could be good...

Quote:
Interview: Sex, surveillance and gay royals

Surveillance is a fast paced sexual and political thriller set in London.

It stars Tom Harper as Adam, a gay teacher who lives in Surrey and comes to London on the weekends to go clubbing and pick up men.

A casual encounter with a handsome stranger, Jake (Sean Brenden Brosnan) brings Adam to the attention of powerful, unseen forces. They rob him of his job and follow his every move. Suddenly, Adam's life is a mess, and he’s in serious danger. But why him?

Then Adam discovers that Jake planted on him the only evidence of an affair with a gay royal. When Jake is found dead, Adam is forced to go on the run.

Director Paul Oremland shot the film using surveillance media techniques, such as CCTV, web cam, mobile phone cameras and video recorders.

PinkNews.co.uk spoke to Tom Harper about his role as Adam.

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 04, 2007 - 07:43 AM

None of them new, but...

Moments of Gay Movie Magic

Quote:
When a recent GayNZ.com competition asked: "What's your favourite LGBT-themed movie?" the responses got our memories jogged, and piqued our interest in a few we hadn't heard of before.

Here's just a few inspiring selections for the next time you're wandering the aisles of your local video vault.

Angels in America
Tipping the Velvet
Beautiful Thing
Hedwig and the Angry Inch (though this clip is better)

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 04, 2007 - 10:00 AM

I will vote for "Beautiful Thing", in a heartbeat. I loved it. It made me shed a tear, which is not (necessarily) an easy thing for a movie to do, especially if it's a tear of happiness.

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 04, 2007 - 07:05 PM

True, that. My vote's still with Maurice.

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 04, 2007 - 07:39 PM

Oh, I *so* fell in LOVE with the gamekeeper in "Maurice" .... s'WOOOOON! Smile

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 04, 2007 - 07:53 PM

Yes. Well.

You can't have him.

He's mine.

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 05, 2007 - 01:49 AM

1. Jeffrey
2. Faustrecht der Freiheit (Fox and his Friends)
3. Drôle de Félix (The Aventures of Felix)...that scene when he meets that guy and have sex in the woods. Oh my!

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 05, 2007 - 04:57 AM

Rain wrote:
1. Jeffrey
2. Faustrecht der Freiheit (Fox and his Friends)
3. Drôle de Félix (The Aventures of Felix)...that scene when he meets that guy and have sex in the woods. Oh my!

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 05, 2007 - 08:33 PM

And how could I possibly forget: Torch Song Trilogy...sorry for not hyperlinking, Feral.

"Because everybody knows that queers don't matter, that queers don't love--and those that do DESERVE WHAT THEY GET!!!!"

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 05, 2007 - 09:03 PM

That line made me cry when I saw it in the theater (good thing too -- it was only in town for a day or two at most... I think the projectionist must have glanced up at some point and noticed what the film was about).

No need to apologize for not hyperlinking. I LIKE looking things up. I had only heard of "Jeffrey" and I wanted to see if there were any clips lying about. Voilà! There are.

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 06, 2007 - 12:09 AM

Quote:
That line made me cry when I saw it in the theater (good thing too -- it was only in town for a day or two at most... I think the projectionist must have glanced up at some point and noticed what the film was about).

It's a wonderful movie and play. You have it all in that story. The pain of loving in many different ways, gay bashing, gay adoption, questions over whose love is real love...gay or straight...its an awesome amount of brain food to consume.

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 06, 2007 - 03:49 PM

I am still hoping to find a copy of Torch Song Trilogy. No luck on the 'net (so far)... Maybe once I move back to the city...

Vizier
Post subject: Re: Holding Trevor  PostPosted: Aug 06, 2007 - 05:22 PM

Feral wrote:
Should you get the chance, you're going to want to see Holding Trevor. It has Jay Brannon in it, if that's an inducement.

What a marvelous looking film. maybe it will make it over here someday soon, too...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Vizier
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 06, 2007 - 05:24 PM

berto wrote:
I am still hoping to find a copy of Torch Song Trilogy. No luck on the 'net (so far)... Maybe once I move back to the city...

Berto, e-mail me at my real e-mail address: SchwulerVizier -at- Yahoo.de. I may be able to help you in your search. - Peter

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 07, 2007 - 11:40 PM

The Crying Game

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2007 - 04:19 PM

Vizier wrote:
Berto, e-mail me at my real e-mail address: SchwulerVizier -at- Yahoo.de. I may be able to help you in your search. - Peter

Oh, hey... I just noticed this. Thank you, Peter... I will write to you soon. Smile

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 19, 2007 - 02:29 PM

Quote:
Eytan Fox has not simply witnessed a radical, queer-friendly shift within his home country of Israel in the last decade; many credit Fox's films themselves with a large part of the change.

The celebrated gay director and writer's new film The Bubble pushes boundaries even further by not only examining gay life in Tel Aviv, but also taking on what may well be considered an even more shocking stigma: the love between two men, one Israeli, one Palestinian, in a country where a century of hatred —rooted in sovereign territory rights —deeply divides the two lands.

*click*

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 19, 2007 - 11:06 PM

Latter Days

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 19, 2007 - 11:37 PM

Coming soon to an indy film festival near you...I intend to go see this one next month at the Brooklyn Academy of Music's showing.

Documentary: The Godfather of Disco

Jump to: