Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject: Out 'n Proud at San Diego's Comic Con 2007  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2007 - 07:33 AM

Did you know the author of 'Scooby Doo' is a 'mo?

Quote:
Comic Con 2007 is adding a little color to its lineup of comic book heroes—in the flesh and otherwise—by again including Prism Comics, a nonprofit organization that supports LGBT publications, creators, and readers.

[...]

And while people may have not heard of Terrance Griep, known best as out pro wrestler "SpiderBaby," he is also one of Prism's featured authors, having penned both Scooby-Doo and Judo Girl. Other LGBT creators scheduled to attend include Steve MacIsaac, Megan Gedris, Tommy Roddy, and Sean McGrath.

Reply with quote Back to top
Kyleovision
Post subject: RE: Out  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2007 - 03:38 PM

Little known fact: my best friend in HS was the nephew of Casey Kasem, the fellow who did the cartoon voice for Shaggy.

Feral
Post subject: RE: Out  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2007 - 06:36 PM

Quote:
Prism Comics, a nonprofit organization that supports LGBT publications, creators, and readers

Mmmmmm. Prism Comics. I like gay comics.

berto
Post subject: RE: Out  PostPosted: Jul 18, 2007 - 01:50 AM

Homosexuality in Comics -- Part I

Quote:
Welcome to the first installment of CBR's comprehensive look at homosexuality in comics. CBR News spoke with nine comics industry professionals about the portrayal of GLBT (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transsexual) characters and themes in comics, past and present.

Parts I and II will introduce the nine participants. Part I features Marc Andreyko, Lillian Diaz-Przbyl, Devin Grayson, Terrance Griep and Mark Millar, and part II introduces Allan Heinberg, Scott Lobdell, Alan Moore and Greg Rucka. In addition to biographical materials, each introductory segment will also include the participant's musings on their own comics work that features GLBT characters and themes.

Parts III and IV will be the article proper, in which the participants address a wide range of topics. In part III, the participants discuss the Comics Code, the stigma of comics as a children's medium, whether homosexuality is a lifestyle choice or a genetic predisposition, and the tendency for fictional GLBT characters to be defined by their sexuality. The topics for part IV include the "gay retcon," the participants' picks for well-informed portrayals of GLBT characters in comics, and the state of the union of homosexuality in comics.

Homosexuality in Comics -- Part II

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 20, 2007 - 02:01 AM

Homosexuality in Comics - Part III and Homosexuality in Comics - Part IV

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 04, 2007 - 08:04 PM

Gay superhero comes to the rescue

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 05, 2007 - 05:04 AM

Varying sources report that the book Hero, by Perry Moore, was released either August 28th or September 1st of this year. Both dates having passed, the question is painfully academic. You can read another review of it here.

Then again, you can just buy the thing. It doesn't look half bad.

It might be worth noting that this is a novel, not a graphic novel. This hasn't stopped folks from plotting it's eventual debut on the silver screen. Some books just scream "film me" ...even before many people have had the opportunity to read it yet.

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 11, 2007 - 06:20 PM

Feral wrote:
This hasn't stopped folks from plotting it's eventual debut on the silver screen. Some books just scream "film me" ...even before many people have had the opportunity to read it yet.

Good call, Fer...

Interview with “Hero” author Perry Moore

Quote:
AE: Have you gotten any response from the comic book community?

PM: I think probably the biggest one has been Stan Lee, who wants to turn it into a movie. That’s pretty affirming for a legend like Stan who happens to be an older, straight white male to think that. It’s just a wonderful shot in the arm for the genre. That’s just such a validation.

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 12, 2007 - 03:45 AM

berto wrote:
Good call, Fer...

*sigh*

Now if only I really did know as much as I appear to at times. Wink

Hells, I'd settle for half as much.

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 12, 2007 - 09:49 AM

Sweetie, you know TWICE as much as you think you do...

Very Happy

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 12, 2007 - 10:32 AM

Yes, yes, yes... and half as much as I need to. It's an old song. I know the chorus by heart. They just keep changing the lyrics to the damn verses on me.

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 12, 2007 - 10:51 AM

Quote:
you know TWICE as much as you think you do...

Quote:
... and half as much as I need to.

You should have your own tee-vee show. For exorbitant profits. I would watch, and I know*many* others who would, too. Call it Cranky Fag Watch. Or "A Dose of Fucking Reality"... Whichever you prefer... (I prefer the latter...)

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 12, 2007 - 11:01 AM

It would be a short-lived series.

You see... some dumb fuck will say something cute and endearing like "I don't think I believe in chromosomes" and then my head would explode.

*pop*

Jump to: