Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 28, 2007 - 10:20 PM

Sounds like a cool guy, Rain. Any particular songs your favorites?

Reply with quote Back to top
Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 28, 2007 - 11:04 PM

Without a doubt...Longstoryshort. "People be droppin revolution like it was a pick-up line...you wouldn't use that word if you knew what it meant."

In college for the first time, that line made me freeze. We were doing just that. Thinking the multiculti, multicolored dreams of children trying hard to get beyond cool and deep into deep. That's when I realized...revolution is a daily thing that begins with setting one foot off the bed or putting a encouraging hand on someone's shoulder.

Well, slap me silly, because I definitely was back then!

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 02, 2007 - 04:57 PM

I did not know this. I suppose I should have, but it never occurred to me. Here's hoping Google can translate TO Arabic better than it can translate FROM Arabic.

Rain
14 Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 02, 2007 - 07:07 PM

Ahh...and I just emailed Viktor about the need to make this forum available in other languages.

My humble apologies, Viktor. I stand happily corrected. Laughing Very Happy Applaude

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 05, 2007 - 06:00 AM

Accused Grave Robbers Dodge Sex Charges

Quote:
MADISON, Wis. -- Three men who dug up a young woman's corpse to have sex with it after seeing her obituary photo cannot be charged with attempted sexual assault because Wisconsin has no law against necrophilia, an appeals court ruled Thursday.

A judge was correct to dismiss the charges against twin brothers Nicholas and Alexander Grunke and Dustin Radke, all 21, because lawmakers never intended to criminalize sex with a corpse, the District 4 Court of Appeals said in a 3-0 ruling.

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 07, 2007 - 01:23 AM

New Levi's 501 Jeans Commercial Goes Both Ways

Quote:
Levi's has created a new ad for 501 jeans with both straight and gay versions. The straight version, in which a man pulls up his jeans and causes the street below, along with an attractive woman, to crash through the floor of his apartment, is appearing on major networks. The gay version, exactly the same except that the woman is replaced by a man, is running on LOGO.

In both ads, the main actor runs away with his new romantic interest.

Here's the Logo version. While rummaging around on that page, I found this one as well. While it's not an ad, it's amusing and brought back a lot of memories. (A college roommate had just about as much trouble getting dressed, and did it just this way). I remember when my wardrobe consisted of 501 jeans and various accessories for 501 jeans. I liked my wardrobe then.

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 07, 2007 - 03:08 AM

Mmmmm...I love tight jeans. I love a man in tight jeans. I love me in tight jeans. NY has been caught in a sloppy, off the ass, baggy jean craze for ten years now. Tight jeans are making a comeback. Thank goodness, I missed my Levi's. My faves were the low rise, flare leg, button-fly. Recently I found a store (Terranova) that sells the most amazing European jeans. I bought a pair of Italian jeans and I have to literally be poured into them, but damn do they feel good!

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 07, 2007 - 08:36 AM

Oh, gawd, Rain, stop! (Somebody gimme a cigarette... Razz )

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 10, 2007 - 07:56 AM

A dead ringer for Liza

Quote:
Liza Minnelli is a familiar sight shopping in the East 60s, but someone at the neighborhood Gap could use a refresher course in recognizing local legends.

A Gatecrasher pal reports this recent sighting of her at the E. 66th and Third Ave. store, where she was being helped by a sales assistant.

"The employee asked her, 'Has anyone ever told you you look like Judy Garland?'" says the snitch. "She coldly answered, 'No!'"

You'd leave it alone after that, right?

"The confused employee went on to say, 'Oh my God! You're her! You are Judy Garland!'"

Oh. No. She. Didn't.

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 11, 2007 - 07:56 PM

LMAO!

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 11, 2007 - 08:17 PM

LOL Very Happy

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 13, 2007 - 09:09 AM

Oh My, Yes... I love remixes of this tune. You may have to give it until 1:15 before you recognize it (then again, maybe not). In the meantime, throw your hands up in the air and just dance.

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 17, 2007 - 04:58 AM

Man arrested for having big muscles

Quote:
A well-built man was forced to take a drugs test in Stockholm recently after a police officer assumed that muscles like his could only have been developed with the help of illegal substances.

The female assistant police officer got into a conversation with Tomislav Boduljak and his friend late at night in central Stockholm.

According to Boduljak, 27, the police officer was pleasant at first, but changed her attitude when he said he worked out. Saying his muscles were 'abnormal', she said he must have used drugs.

"I asked if she didn't think it possible that I work out a lot and eat well. She said that if someone looks like me, she assumes they have taken drugs," he told Metro.

That's funny -- I generally associate 'big guns' with gym bunnies, not steroids.

vanrozenheim
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 18, 2007 - 09:03 PM
Site Admin

Can someone explain me, please, what this article is doing in the "Times" WOMAN section?

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 19, 2007 - 07:10 AM

I couldn't possibly.... unless, perhaps, the purpose is to gloat and inflict nearly unendurable envy upon a legion of British women. They, you see, have precious little hope that they might be able to double their wardrobe in one blow like this.

It's nice. I quite enjoyed it, even though I'm just not that into clothes. I'm afraid the author is right though -- one partner pretty much always gets the better end of this bargain. I can't say that Kyle has ever been seen wearing any clothing that was technically mine at the time. He has been known to intercept sweaters at Christmas (though I do the same thing at times -- battles over chenille sweaters can be quite fierce, if brief).

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 19, 2007 - 12:39 PM

Quote:
He has been known to intercept sweaters at Christmas (though I do the same thing at times -- battles over chenille sweaters can be quite fierce, if brief).

I am reminded of a funny comment by Rev Blair, over at EM:

"I got a sweater for Xmas last year... what I really wanted was a moaner or a screamer..."

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 19, 2007 - 02:45 PM

Feral wrote:

Quote:
It's appropriate that a gay character would be hawking Special K, a breakfast cereal that shares its name with a recreational drug. At least I think he's gay; that, or he's really in touch with his feminine side for a straight guy.

There are two versions of the ad. In one, what I can only assume is a gay admin and his BFF, prance in on their prettier co-worker who is eating Special K and having an orgasm. The pair grill the skinny bitch about her figure.

"Who is he?" the gay admin teases. In real life he would have been like, "Vomiting? Diet Pills?"

My first impulse was to hate the ads. Why do they always have to rely on stereotypes to illustrate a person is gay? Like the Secret deodorant ad with the bitchy gay boss; his smarmy assistant gets him the right material and he practically tears her a new hole. Again, I'm only assuming the boss is gay, but if he's straight, then he's a pair of earrings away from becoming a drag queen.

Then I thought about it. How else do you imply a person is gay without resorting to stereotypes?

*click*

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 19, 2007 - 10:47 PM

Quote:
That these ads aren't preceded by a parental warning is progress in and of itself, but when it's two straight guys asking the homo which hot guy inspired his switch to Special K, then I'll know we've arrived.

Funny what passes for progress these days.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 20, 2007 - 12:20 AM

Quote:
It's appropriate that a gay character would be hawking Special K, a breakfast cereal that shares its name with a recreational drug.

Ahem. The 'recreational drug' got it's quaint sobriquet from the cereal, not the other way around.

Anyway -- I tire of this whining about "stereotypes."

Quote:
"Holy crap," I said to my BFF, "I'm the homo from the Special K commercial!"

"I thought so too," she said, "but I was afraid to say anything."

The truth hurts but sometimes it's painfully funny.

Stereotypes get to be stereotypes for a reason. Yes, the 'homo from the Special K commercial' really does exist. There are quite a lot of them. I might even be one of them. People went on and on about all the "dreadful stereotypes" in Queer As Folk too. What gives? I know all of these guys. I know several versions of every one of them. They're representations ... and fairly accurate ones at that.

I get the suspicion that what is to really be faulted in these representations is that they exist at all. How else do you imply a person is gay without resorting to stereotypes? How, indeed? Portray them as identical in every way to straight people? We all know that Gays are in no way identical to straight people. If they were.... why, we'd have to stop bitching about the absence of Gays in television shows and movies and commercials. You can tell when there's a 'mo in the room, and you can tell when there is not.

The 'mo in the room improves the situation considerably.

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 20, 2007 - 11:40 PM

LEAVE IT TO THE JAPANESE!

LONSAM

Jump to: