Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Feral
Post subject: Found While Wandering  PostPosted: Jul 02, 2007 - 03:46 AM

This priceless gem happens to be the most recent post in an (apparently) abandoned blog. It's from February of this year.

Quote:
The newest $1 coin, bearing the likeness of George Washington, was rolled out Thursday, with the U.S. Mint hoping Americans will want to buy George.

"I think it's cool because we get to see a coin with the first president on it," said 7-year-old Jack Garbus, an avid coin collector and second-grader from Valhalla, N.Y., who was taking advantage of a school snow delay to be at the event.

Ay yi yi.

It hurts. Make it stop.

Sure, the little moppet is only seven, but still -- the first president is on the quarter. Has been for... oh my... just eons. I really don't think it counts if you know that George Washington was the first president of the US but do not know that that's him sitting there looking all serious on the $0.25 coin.

Reply with quote Back to top
Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2007 - 06:59 AM

The things one will trip over while wandering aimlessly.

Do you know this guy, Kyle?

Blue Gremlin

(Yup, it's that blue Gremlin.)

Kyleovision
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2007 - 01:45 PM

To a boy who grew up where I did, when I did, can there be any other blue Gremlin? I still get chills when I see a picture of that seemingly innocuous car.

Mr. Kenneth did a decent job of relating the hysteria-- and the way we kids made all manner of individual, twisted 'deals' with the universe in the face of what was happening. For my part, I dreamt of being abducted, too. But, of course, *I* would prove so captivating a captive that the killer would keep me, not kill me.

I'm sure I don't know this Kenneth fellow. While only about 4 miles down the road, Madison Heights was a 'citified' suburb in those days. They had curbs at the edge of their streets, for example. Where I grew up was rather more of a suburban ticky-tacky kind of place. (Our houses were situated on thoroughfares called 'drives' and 'places' and 'courts,' not 'streets' and 'avenues' and 'boulevards'. We had ditches, not curbs.)

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2007 - 11:31 PM

Kyleovision wrote:
But, of course, *I* would prove so captivating a captive that the killer would keep me, not kill me.

But, of course.

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2007 - 01:37 AM

With my birthday coming up, doorstops like this make me wish I had a door that needed one.

Wait...

...there's that door that's being more or less permanently held open by the ceramic dumbek...

Say... since that there dumbek is an irreplaceable signed original, and the second-oldest piece of ceramic art I own (if un-signed Roman lamps count) ... should anyone want to cough up a Wicked Witch of the East doorstop, it's my birthday coming up.

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2007 - 01:52 AM

I'm waiting for someone to chime in, "I'll get you one, my pretty... *cackle*... and your little dog, too!"

Razz

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2007 - 01:54 AM

ahem. So am I.

Kyleovision
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2007 - 07:16 AM

OK, *I* know what a dumbek is because it's holding open the door to our TV room, bur you expect me to believe that everyone *else* here gathered knows what a dumbek is?

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2007 - 06:07 PM

Yes.

They are common enough objects for some people (why, they've even been known to semi-permanently prop open recalcitrant doors). Now, I'll grant they they are artifacts of that antediluvian age when hippies roamed wild and free, and I'll further grant that there is significant motivation in certain quarters to deny (at all possible costs) any knowledge of our primordial hippie ancestors (after all -- only old people remember the time when hippies roamed wild and free).

But is is the age of Google now... so yes, I fully expect everyone assembled here to either know what a dumbek is or to just not care what a dumbek is. After all, it's sufficient to know that this thing will be replaced by some bitchin' cool Wicked Witch of the East feet -- just as soon as someone gives them to me. Very Happy

After all, my birthday is coming up.

Kyleovision
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 04, 2007 - 09:52 AM

Quote:
After all, it's sufficient to know that this thing will be replaced by some bitchin' cool Wicked Witch of the East feet -- just as soon as someone gives them to me.

I regret to inform you that, to my eye, these feet that you speak of, they constitute whimsy. Yes, distinctly whimsical. I remind you, good Sir, that you absolutely *hate* whimsy.

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 04, 2007 - 08:57 PM

Whimsy-- you say?

WHIMSY?

My head hurts. I hate whimsy.

The dumbek stays where it is then.

Are you SURE they aren't way bitchin' cool and you've just momentarily mistaken them for whimsy?

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 04, 2007 - 11:20 PM

I think Fer's just got his eye on a bitchin' pair of ruby-coloured slippers... Are they your size, sweetums? Wink Razz

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 04, 2007 - 11:41 PM

Dude... they're the magic RUBY slippers. They're everyone's size.

Kyleovision
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 05, 2007 - 04:49 PM

Quote:
Are you SURE they aren't way bitchin' cool and you've just momentarily mistaken them for whimsy?

Quite certain. They are as whimsical as a crocheted bunny meant to conceal the Air-wick.

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 05, 2007 - 07:03 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Don't talk like that.

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 06, 2007 - 04:55 PM

From a 2005 sex survey (the useless online sort, by a condom manufacturer):

Quote:
Number of sexual partners

# Globally, people have had an average number of nine sexual partners

# Men have had more sexual partners than women - 10.2 compared with 6.9

# The Turks have had more partners than any other country (14.5), compared with Australians (13.3), New Zealanders (13.2) and Icelanders (13)

# Indians have had the fewest sexual partners (3) compared with the Chinese (3.1), the Vietnamese (3.2) and those from Hong Kong (3.7)

# Almost two thirds (65%) of people in Hong Kong have had just one sexual partner, compared to 12% in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Greece

And here I grew up thinking I was a prude. Imagine. Now it just turns out that (statistically speaking) my college classmates were... embroidering.

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 06, 2007 - 05:07 PM

Sounds like they weren't sowing... errr.... sewing....

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 07, 2007 - 06:35 PM

Do yourself a favour and watch this.

Glenn Wool.

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 10, 2007 - 01:23 AM

Planet Unicorn... Heyyy

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 10, 2007 - 03:36 AM

They did things to watermelons....scary things.

And then they did things to cake....evil things.

Jump to: