Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject: UK: 2012 Olympic$$$ logo making people sick  PostPosted: Jun 08, 2007 - 01:25 AM

... literally!

Here is the ghastly thing

Quote:
...At first, the London committee said that the logo was not wretched like criticized, but instead was intended to be edgy. They also commented that the people would eventually get used to the not so subtle logo. Then complaints came in that the flashing lights and flying colors in the animated version of the logo was triggering epileptic fits in many people.

In fact, concern was apparently so great that a support group called Epilepsy Action issued a statement to the Associated Press saying numerous people had reported seizures as a result of watching the video.

"The animated footage could affect the 23,000 people in the UK who have photosensitive epilepsy and may also affect other people who do not yet know that they are photosensitive.”

Reply with quote Back to top
Feral
Post subject: RE: UK: 2012 Olympic$$$ logo making people sick  PostPosted: Jun 08, 2007 - 01:49 AM

*snerk*

They animated that thing?

I ask you... do you see the numbers 2012 in it? They're there, you see...like so:

Yah. Thought not.

That beastie cost £400,000 (US$796,000; 590,500 EUR), which seems to me to be just waaaaaaay to much to charge for a logo that doesn't suck. This one though, was a stinker before it gave people fits. As things stand now, my sympathies are sufficiently with the hapless designer that I will not repeat his/her name.

The best characterization of it thus far would be (in my quite reasonable opinion) this one:

Quote:
‘It looks like Lisa Simpson giving head’

Now, that's just a bit harsh. After all, that looks a tad more like Maggie Simpson than Lisa Simpson. As for what Maggie might be doing... I'll not even think on it.

berto
Post subject: RE: UK: 2012 Olympic$$$ logo making people sick  PostPosted: Jun 08, 2007 - 02:11 AM

___
8 is the correct answer, I believe...

Feral
Post subject: RE: UK: 2012 Olympic$$$ logo making people sick  PostPosted: Jun 08, 2007 - 02:22 AM

I can't find it today, but while browsing news links yesterday I came upon a story saying that a petition in favor of this here alleged logo had garnered all of three signatures.

I'm guessing it would be the person who paid for it, the person who designed it, and the designer's mother (who has not seen it, but could hardly be expected to vote against the dear).

As you may have noticed, it seems a petition against the alleged logo had garnered many tens of thousands of signatures before becoming moot.

Yup.

It's just not a good logo.

I do like that color though. I don't know why people are going on about that color. It's a fine color. There's nothing wrong with it being that color. It would look a bit like Lisa Simpson giving head regardless of what color it is.

Jump to: