Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject: Gay care-giver “hounded out of job” by bigots  PostPosted: May 29, 2007 - 11:59 AM

I hope he takes ‘em to the cleaners...

Quote:
A care worker at an old folk’s home claimed yesterday that he was forced out of his job because he was gay. Kevin Reid told an employment tribunal how workmates accused him of performing an indecent act in front of patients and touching patients inappropriately.

Reid, 43, was suspended over the allegations, then cleared by bosses and offered his job back. But he quit, saying he could not work alongside his accusers, then sued his employers for unfair dismissal and sex discrimination.

Reid said he suffered daily abuse from two colleagues at the Long-stone Care Home in Edinburgh. He said: “Because I did not have a wife or kids I was a lesser creature in their eyes. There was a general disposition that they were not keen on gay or black people.”

[...]

The tribunal continues.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: