Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject: Falwell has croaked  PostPosted: May 15, 2007 - 08:10 PM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CBC Radio is reporting that that miserable piece of shit, Jerry Falwell, has done the entirety of humankind a favour by fuckin' dying!

AT LAST! Mr. Green

I spit on his foul memory.

Reply with quote Back to top
Feral
Post subject: RE: Falwell has croaked  PostPosted: May 15, 2007 - 08:16 PM

So they say.

Quote:
LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP) - The Rev. Jerry Falwell, who founded the Moral Majority and built the religious right into a political force, died Tuesday shortly after being found unconscious in his office at Liberty University, a school executive said. He was 73.

There's more to the article than that -- the usual. It's hardly worth reading. Besides... I hardly have time given the demands that I run out to purchase champagne.

...and so little time for it to properly chill.

berto
Post subject: RE: Falwell has croaked  PostPosted: May 16, 2007 - 01:15 AM

LOL Mr. Green

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 20, 2007 - 02:31 AM

Cynthia Tucker, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has one of the best pieces I've yet read on Falwell, and the damage he did, both socially and politically.

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2007 - 04:28 PM

*munching popcorn*

Falwell Follower Arrested On bomb Charges

Quote:
A Liberty University student who told a family member he had made bombs and planned to attend the funeral of the Rev. Jerry Falwell was apparently upset about an anti-gay fringe group that protested at the funeral, authorities said.

Officials were still trying to figure out what Mark David Uhl planned to do with the bombs. Police do not believe he intended to disrupt the funeral Tuesday or harm the Falwell family, Campbell County Sheriff Terry Gaddy said.

Uhl, 19, was being held without bond in the Campbell County Adult Detention Center on charges of manufacturing an explosive device. It was not known if he had a lawyer, and messages seeking comment left at numbers believed to belong to his family were not returned.

Uhl, of Amissville, was arrested Monday night after a family member contacted authorities, who found homemade bombs in the trunk of Uhl's car, Major Steve Hutcherson said.

Gaddy described the five bombs as "sort of like napalm" and about the size of soda cans.

"We do not believe the Falwells were ever in any danger," he said.

Rolling Eyes No doubt a fan of the type of "muscular Christianity" found in those "Left Behind" books of Tim LaHay's...

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 24, 2007 - 09:07 PM

It is not lost on me that, despite the remarkable level of anger the Westboro people have elicited with their protests at Gay funerals, no Gays have ever been accused of planning to fire bomb them. (Wanting to, quite possibly; taking action in that regard, no.) Here we have a quite different set of behaviors on display. I cannot say that I am surprised in the least.

Jump to: