Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Feral
Post subject: A welcome curiousity  PostPosted: Sep 08, 2007 - 07:32 PM

Quote:
Fascinating interview with gay Iranian couple who fled to Turkey: "We do not ask for much in life. I want to have a 40 meter apartment in Iran where I can live with my partner, the person I love. Get up in the morning and go to work, work, and feel at peace when I return home. That’s it. Just a quiet life with my boyfriend. I’d like to reach this dream and not be hanged or stoned for loving someone."

This would be from Towleroad.

The link in the paragraph would be to our own posting of the interview.

The GRD pixies tell me that it has been an uncommonly busy weekend.

Reply with quote Back to top
Feral
Post subject: RE: A welcome curiousity  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2007 - 05:09 AM

The mention seems to have been worth about 550 visitors -- not shabby for a weekend. Further perusal suggests that it was the good Doctor's efforts to get GRD listed as a news source that was the proximal cause... a substantial number of links to GRD stories have sprung up like mushrooms after a spring rain (well... not quite so many as all of that, but some).

berto
Post subject: RE: A welcome curiousity  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2007 - 02:22 PM

Skookum!

vanrozenheim
Post subject: Re: RE: A welcome curiousity  PostPosted: Sep 20, 2007 - 08:10 PM
Site Admin

Feral wrote:
Further perusal suggests that it was the good Doctor's efforts to get GRD listed as a news source that was the proximal cause... a substantial number of links to GRD stories have sprung up like mushrooms after a spring rain [..]

Aha, yet another missed post to answer. The good doctor has been indeed very busy in last 2 weeks trying both to persuade Google News to accept GRD as a worthy contributor, and implement new Adverts sniplets into GRD's software code. After the adverts were implemented, the news articles suddently disappeared from Google News. Some more hacking was necessary to make the thing work again.

Depending on the story, Google News brings us some 20-100 visitors each. The interview with Iranian Gays (by Arsham Parsi) was an exceptional case ("Iran" is a hot issue just now, plus Towleroad's attention). Good stories can be picked up by UK Gay News and help to bring more attention to GRD. Now we need as many good stories and commentaries as possible, which you buddies shall really take to heart.

We need more stuff to bring to our people, that's why we created this site.

Rain
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: A welcome curiousity  PostPosted: Sep 20, 2007 - 10:43 PM

Shit...GODDAMMIT! I shall have to reform my potty mouth.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Jump to: