Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2007 - 10:32 AM

Oh, I quite agree. And the less I see of Conservatives, the better. To quote folk singer Utah Phillips:

"Talking to a Conservative is like talking to your refridgerator; the light goes on, the light goes off, but it's not exactly intellectually stimulating."

It reminds me of another great line from Utah, that some of these gay kids might want to adopt for the 364 days of the year when they *are* speaking:

"I'm on a low social cholesterol diet: no more fatheads."

Reply with quote Back to top
Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2007 - 10:17 AM

This is the problem with the shirt-kids and their lawsuits -- they insist on speaking. It is no counterpoint to the National Day of Silence because it is most assuredly NOT speaking. A proper counter-move would be to employ the same weapons... ideally in a better fashion. The old note from the parents excusing the pupils from school that day fits the bill quite nicely. Parents ARE entitled to keep their children out of school -- my own parents did so on a number of occasions, many of them for quite trivial reasons. About the only way to trump silence is with absence.

What possible objection could there be for these student's absence?

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2007 - 09:44 AM

Quote:
Finally, a conservative reaction to the Day of Silence that I can approve of.

LOL Very Happy Maybe we should have a National STFU Day. Razz

Feral
Post subject: Day Of Silence  PostPosted: Mar 28, 2007 - 05:26 AM

Conservative Activist: 'Take Children Out Of School On Day Of Silence'

Quote:
(Washington) Conservative activist Linda Harvey is calling on parents to take their children out of school on The National Day of Silence - the day LGBT students and their supporters draw awareness to homophobia in classrooms by keeping silent in school.

This year The National Day of Silence will be observed on April 18.

Over 6,000 participants are expected to be silent on April 18, wearing stickers and passing out ‘speaking cards’ that read: "Please understand my reasons for not speaking today. I am participating in the Day of Silence, a national youth movement protesting the silence faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and their allies in schools. My deliberate silence echoes that silence, which is caused by harassment, prejudice, and discrimination. I believe that ending the silence is the first step toward fighting these injustices. Think about the voices you are not hearing today. What are you going to do to end the silence?"

Finally, a conservative reaction to the Day of Silence that I can approve of.

Jump to: