Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Feral
Post subject: RE: CNN  PostPosted: Mar 14, 2007 - 07:44 PM

As sickening as it is, it is 10 months more than many of these priests have served.

Reply with quote Back to top
berto
Post subject: CNN's Thomas Roberts tells of sexual abuse as boy  PostPosted: Mar 14, 2007 - 11:59 AM

Turns out his abuser only did 10 months in prison...

Quote:
CNN American news reporter Thomas Roberts, who came out in September 2006, has revealed that he was sexually abused by a Catholic priest .

In a interview on news show Anderson Cooper 360, Roberts described how the abuse began when he was 14, following his parents' divorce, and lasted for three years.

"It took me nearly 20 years to gather the strength to help put my abuser behind bars," he said. Now, a year after 'justice' was done, I am ready to tell my story publicly in ways I never have before."

In 2005, Roberts testified against former priest Jerome F Toohey Jr, who was Roberts' teacher at Calvert Hall College High School in US state Maryland.

Toohy pleaded guilty and was sentenced to jail for five years. However, his sentenced was lessened in December, and after serving only 10 months, a court decided to allow him to serve home detention.

That is sickening.

Read the entire interview

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: