Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Kyleovision
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2007 - 02:00 PM

Quote:

Do you think it can be actually affordable?

I'm not certain, but if small weekly newspapers can manage it, maybe it's not such a crazy amount. Word to the wise: stay away from United Press Internaional.

Reply with quote Back to top
vanrozenheim
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2007 - 11:46 PM
Site Admin

Kyleovision wrote:
Speaking of which... Van, have you made enquiries as to how much it would cost for GRD to get rights reprint AP, Reuters or Agence France Presse stories? I have no idea if they offer a cheap package to small operations like GRD.

No, I haven't yet. I shall ask them, indeed - may be they are indeed not the money-obsessed, greedy capitalists I suppose them to be. Smile Do you think it can be actually affordable?

Kyleovision
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2007 - 01:47 PM

Speaking of which... Van, have you made enquiries as to how much it would cost for GRD to get rights reprint AP, Reuters or Agence France Presse stories? I have no idea if they offer a cheap package to small operations like GRD.

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2007 - 01:36 PM

No kidding. 'bout the only reason I like 365 is 'coz (other than the front page) it doesn't make my browser go *boom* - *splat* Razz

Well, and I like the "Troy" cartoon, too.

Kyleovision
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2007 - 01:31 PM

I seldom go to 365 at all anymore. I'd rather just see the original AP copy that they're rewriting and slapping up.

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2007 - 01:28 PM

Oh, I don't think that's it. It's a bunch of stuff on my end. Just earlier today I had a couple of fonts get damaged in a crash, and somehow that affected how my browser windows were displayed in all different versions of browsers that I have on this machine. It took me about three hours just to figure that one out. (Thank gawd for Norton repair disks, and back-up coplies of files.)

Plus, I *know* I've had some ongoing glitch in javascript for some time now, but I can't seem to track down just *what* the problem is, precisely.

^%$#@! computers!

vanrozenheim
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2007 - 01:07 PM
Site Admin

Oh, I'm sorry... Sad I didn't know the software we are using corrupts your browser...

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2007 - 01:02 PM

Actually, Vik, I've been having computer "issues" for the last week or so (on and off) and the front page at GRD has made my browser crash a couple of times as well, so I admit I've been avoiding it.

It is, however, probably just another "browser issue" that I'm having on my end, not anything to do with GRD.

*sigh*

vanrozenheim
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2007 - 12:43 PM
Site Admin

Arrow Read GRD!
Ok, I know we can't compete... but must you be that explicite???
Rolling Eyes

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2007 - 08:10 AM

*sigh*

That main page always makes my browser crash. I think they put too much pop-up crap and gifs and fancy-schmancy video links and junk on that page for my old IE browser to handle.

Jerx.

Feral
Post subject: RE: What  PostPosted: Mar 13, 2007 - 03:27 AM

It's odd. The news link that you normally use (oh yes, I know which bookmark you normally use Twisted Evil has not been updated for a while, it is true. The main page has five newer stories on it... stories that do not appear on the page you normally view.

berto
Post subject: What's up with 365?  PostPosted: Mar 13, 2007 - 01:09 AM

It's hardly been updated recently, and I *know* there's stuff going on that deserve coverage.

Did they lay everyone off? WTF?

Thank goodness I have other news sources. (I wish queerday would come back, though -- I liked Philo.)

Jump to: