Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2007 - 10:10 PM

Hmph. I never noticed that, KT. Thanks for the heads-up.

Reply with quote Back to top
Kyleovision
Post subject: RE: Gingrich said whaaaat?  PostPosted: Mar 12, 2007 - 08:14 PM

Note well that the interview in question was in 2005, when Gingirch was still wandering about the proverbial political wilderness.

Now that there is some idle talk of his joining the 2008 Presidential fray, expect him to run away from his own words just as Romney and Giuliani have done.

berto
Post subject: Gingrich said whaaaat?  PostPosted: Mar 12, 2007 - 12:14 PM

Elsewhere, pogovio reports:

Quote:
In most of this interview, Gingrich goes along with the religious antigay interviewer, but finally draws a line and cuts the guy down.

Quote:
L: Do you think homosexuals ought to be able to adopt children?

G: No.

L: Do you think they should be allowed to teach in government run schools?

G: Yes.

L: Why?

G: Well, I think if you were going to try to populate schools with non-sinners you are going to have remarkably few teachers.

L: Oh, come on now. You know I'm not talking about sinners [in an original sin sense]. I'm talking about people who are --

G: I'm perfectly happy to disagree. ... I think you come down to a core question of faith. ... But, there's also no requirement that that then leads directly to public policy you just described.

L: Well, my thinking was something like that if people are homosexuals, that tells us something about their character and we care about the character --

G: I don't agree with that.

L: Oh, I see. Why do you think God calls it an abomination if it says nothing about their character?

G: I think there are many good and kind and decent people who may also be homosexuals.

L: Really?

G: Yes.

L. My goodness.

G: And you live in a very narrow world if you've never met one.

from here...

(No explanation why he feels "good and kind and decent people" shouldn't be allowed to adopt children, though.)

Jump to: