Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Feral
Post subject: Rufus  PostPosted: Mar 12, 2007 - 03:14 AM

From ArjanWrites:

Quote:
Here's a cute little tidbit for you that I found on the KillMeNow fan board. Crooner Rufus Wainwright gives in to his Killers obsession and has written a song about Brandon Flowers titled "Tulsa." The track will be included on his new album "Release The Stars" that is partly produced by Neil Tennant of the Pet Shop Boys.

"I don't know [Brandon] that well," Wainwright admits in an interview with Time Out, "but I wrote this song about him which is kind of hilarious - it says he tastes like potato chips in the morning."

Ah, yes... so Rufus wrote a song that says Mr. Flowers tastes like potato chips in the morning. Bet it's a pretty song. I wonder if Mr. Flowers really does taste like potato chips in the morning.

In other gossip, Rufus is said to be writing an opera. Good for Rufus. Bet it'll be a pretty opera.

Reply with quote Back to top
berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2007 - 06:40 AM

Yay, Rufus! Very Happy I can't wait for his new album. And even though I normally can't *stand* opera.... I might give it a chance, if it's Rufus'.

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2007 - 06:37 PM

He was commissioned to do it by the New York Metropolitan Opera. It shall be interesting to see what an opera looks like through a gay lens. Especially in New York there has been a long-standing love affair with opera among urban gays. I've never quite understood it myself.

Jump to: