Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Feral
Post subject: AIDS victims 'buried alive' in PNG  PostPosted: Aug 28, 2007 - 02:27 AM

AIDS victims 'buried alive' in PNG

Quote:
SOME AIDS victims were being buried alive in Papua New Guinea by relatives who could look after them and fear becoming infected themselves, a health worker said today.

Margaret Marabe, who spent five months carrying out an AIDS awareness campaign in the remote Southern Highlands of the South Pacific nation, said she had seen five people buried alive.

One was calling out "Mama, Mama'' as the soil was shovelled over his head, said Ms Marabe, who works for a volunteer organisation called Igat Hope, Pidgin English for I've Got Hope.

"One of them was my cousin, who was buried alive,'' she said.

Reply with quote Back to top
Rain
Post subject: RE: AIDS victims  PostPosted: Aug 28, 2007 - 01:27 PM

This is just sick.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Feral
Post subject: RE: AIDS victims  PostPosted: Aug 29, 2007 - 04:32 AM

There just aren't words... not in my vocabulary. "Depraved" comes to mind, but it seems such a hollow and inadequate word.

Jump to: