Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject: We don't have an "invisible room" over here, do we  PostPosted: Mar 01, 2007 - 12:42 PM

Well, I'll post this anyway. If you want to *create* an "invisible room" and move it over there, feel free...

This is what is passing for "humour" over at babble...

Quote:
At the end of a tiny deserted bar sits a huge Newfoundlander. He is having a few beers when a short, well dressed, and obviously gay man walks in and sits beside him. After three or four beers, the gay fellow finally plucks up the courage to say something to the big guy. Leaning over towards him, he whispers: "Do you want a blow job?"

At this the massive Newfoundlander leaps up with fire in his eyes and smacks him in the face, knocking him swiftly off his stool. He proceeds to beat him all the way out of the bar before leaving him bruised and battered in the parking lot and returning to his seat. Amazed, the bartender quickly brings over another beer to the big Newfoundlander.

I've never seen you react like that," he says. "Just what did he say to you?"

"I don't know," the big Newfoundlander replies. "Something about a job."

The way *that* place works, I'm surprised the poster was challenged for being disrespectful to Newfoundlanders -- of *course* they wouldn't make an issue of a joke that makes light of a gay man pummeled and throiwn out in the street. I mean, that's humour, right?

Reply with quote Back to top
berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 01, 2007 - 01:30 PM

Quote:
You are not allowed to edit your post. You have to edit your post within

5 minutes, after you posted your message.

Click Here to view your message

Click Here to return to the forum

*sputter* Whaaaaat?!

Well.... okay.... anyway, what I *should* have written above was:

The way *that* place works, I'm surprised the poster was not challenged for being disrespectful to Newfoundlanders -- of *course* they wouldn't make an issue of a joke that makes light of a gay man pummeled and thrown out in the street. I mean, that's humour, right?

vanrozenheim
Post subject: Invisible Room  PostPosted: Mar 01, 2007 - 03:01 PM
Site Admin

Not, we don't have a hidden board here - at least not yet. Wink Ask Feral for all the scheming and plotting. Very Happy

But you have right, such "jokes" mostly go unquestioned, because -- well, straight boys indeed often find it amusing, when a sissy-boy gets beaten up. The strange thing for me is, that all the assumingly "manly" and "straight-looking" gay men at such occasions quitely sit upon their beers with their only thought not to be discovered.

Kyleovision
Post subject: RE: Invisible Room  PostPosted: Mar 01, 2007 - 06:35 PM

Remember the controvery over there about the guy who beat his wife with frozen poultry? Where are the 'feminist allies' now?

Feral
Post subject: RE: Invisible Room  PostPosted: Mar 01, 2007 - 09:30 PM

Huh. Babble. I seem to recall there was some fuss, fuss, fuss about homophobia some time back -- something along the lines of "homophobic cesspit."

As both you and Vicky have touched upon, there are two separate phenomena here; the thing being passed off as a "joke" and the reaction to it. I am quite used to the former... the world is riddled with it. I'm actually used to the latter as well because the world is just as riddled with it. Oddly, I find the typical response to such rubbish more offensive than the rubbish itself. The Left is just as homophobic as the Right, and just as practiced in the ways and means of abuse. The Right just lies about it less.

As for "secret rooms," my experience has shown that they are not worth the trouble of defending. The bots get just about everywhere -- if not Google's, then some other search engine's. You can view a search engine's cache of just about any message in a "secret room."

Jump to: