Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Feral
19 Post subject: "Young Bottoms in Love"  PostPosted: Sep 11, 2006 - 02:47 AM

Fans of gay comics will probably enjoy Edge-Boston's republication of "Young Bottoms in Love," an anthology of gay-themed comics that is half a parody of and half a tribute to romance comics popular in the 50s and 60s. More of this series can be had here. Earlier volumnes of the comic were withdrawn from the internet when they were released for sale in book form. These are now fairly difficult to come by.

Reply with quote Back to top
vanrozenheim
Post subject: RE: "Young Bottoms in Love"  PostPosted: Sep 11, 2006 - 10:02 PM
Site Admin

Sweet collection. There are actually some more gay comics from Europe and USA, and of course lots of "boy love" stories from Japan ("Shonen-Ai" & "Yaoi"). I can recommend the works of Ralf König, Kazuma Kodaka, Maki Murakami, Marimo Ragawa, Hinako Takanaga.

Feral
Post subject: RE: "Young Bottoms in Love"  PostPosted: Feb 28, 2007 - 05:41 AM

I did not know this.

It seems all my favorite cartoonists have done YBIL.

And I've even seen this particular strip. Odd that I did not recognize the artist at the time.

Jump to: