Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Rain
Post subject: Ahmadinejad at Columbia University: We don’t have Gays  PostPosted: Sep 25, 2007 - 06:50 AM

THERE ARE NO GAYS IN IRAN.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Reply with quote Back to top
Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 25, 2007 - 10:49 PM

Sez Andrew Sullivan:

Quote:
Ahmadinejad was right, you see? There are no gays in Iran. Just ask the Queer Studies Department.

Quote:
"We stand in solidarity with our peers in Iran, but we do not presume to speak for them. We cannot possibly claim to understand the multiple and diverse experiences of living with same-sex desires in Iran. Our cultural values and experiences are distinct, but the stakes are one and the same: the essential human right to express our desires freely. Moreover, we would like to strongly caution media and campus organizations against the use of such words as "gay", "lesbian", or "homosexual" to describe people in Iran who engage in same-sex practices and feel same-sex desire. The construction of sexual orientation as a social and political identity and all of the vocabulary therein is a Western cultural idiom. As such, scholars of sexuality in the Middle East generally use the terms "same-sex practices" and "same-sex desire" in recognition of the inadequacy of Western terminology. President Ahmadinejad's presence on campus has provided an impetus for us all to examine a number of issues, but most relevant to our concerns are the complexities of how sexual identity is constructed and understood in different parts of the world."

That's really a hoot... "we do not presume to speak for them." You know what? IRQO doesn't need any po-mo homos to speak for them... they manage just fine all on their own. Curiously enough, they use the word 'gay' quite a lot. Curiously enough, IRQO doesn't (like some probably apocryphal "scholars") use the terms "same-sex practices" and "same-sex desire" at all that I can recall. Nor do they seem to recognize any "inadequacy of Western terminology" when they use words like "torture" and "murder".

I don't presume to speak for anyone at all but myself. We're talking about torture and murder here. I'm not all that interested in who "condemns" torture and murder. All sane people do. Or maybe the po-mo homos have some song and dance that conjures torture and murder out of existence, too.

vanrozenheim
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 26, 2007 - 03:32 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
We cannot possibly claim to understand the multiple and diverse experiences of living with same-sex desires in Iran. [..] Moreover, we would like to strongly caution media and campus organizations against the use of such words as "gay", "lesbian", or "homosexual" to describe people in Iran who engage in same-sex practices and feel same-sex desire.

That's disgusting. If they "cannot possibly claim to understand the multiple and diverse experiences of living with same-sex desires in Iran" than they should shut up and let other people talk.

Those post-modernist theorists track their views to bisexual or heterosexual men who indeed occasionally show some sorts of "behaviour" and "practices." Using this utterly disgusting approach means to reduce us to simply what we do in bed, a tactics widely used by our enemies, among whom are some of those "scholars" this postmodernist group at Columbia University has in mind. In fact, they mean their professor Joseph Massad.

It is peculiar that someone appeals to a silenced, oppressed group of people to give his unfounded claims some weight. It is ludicrous to remind us all that "we don't know what those people want" just to impose his own views upon us.

No, my dear - not this way. I happen to be Gay myself, and I know sufficient number of homos from Iran to know that they most assuredly self-identify as Gay. There are a couple of transgenders, and those who are confused on their identity due to the lack of information, but in general they are perfectly comfortable with the same identity you and me and millions of other men across the planet share.

I do not need some post-common-sense college students to lecture me on identity politics.

vanrozenheim
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 27, 2007 - 06:28 PM
Site Admin

Towards an 'axis of brutal'
Quote:
An Iranian-American journalist asked him to clarify his extraordinary claim on Monday that there were no gay people in Iran, pointing out, "I know a few myself."

"Seriously? I don't know any," the president replied, in apparent surprise. "Give me some addresses so we're able to go to visit them and learn about them."

Given that sodomy is a crime punishable by death in Iran, it was a particular chilling offer.

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 27, 2007 - 08:08 PM

He's a brutish little man. Yet, it must be said, he's hardly in control in his own country. He's a mouthpiece for the mullahs.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 27, 2007 - 08:09 PM

I'm presently hoarse from all that screeming. They kept us a good deal away from the UN General Assembly building.

vanrozenheim
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2007 - 02:25 AM
Site Admin

Good you were there. Exclamation Any pics from the protests?

All Iranian presidents are just puppets used to either appease or scare the world. Chatami was one of the softer kind, but all of his "reforms" were not worth of the word. Achmadinejad will announce eradication of Israel, but he is hurdly as dumb (or will be allowed) to make some practical steps towards realization of this plan. The country is highjacked by mullahs and their death squads.

Jump to: