Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 29, 2007 - 04:29 AM

Indeed. Wink My question would then be "Just who is this Li, and more importantly, is he hot?"

Reply with quote Back to top
Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 04, 2007 - 08:56 AM

Buenos Aires debuts discount card for gay tourists

Quote:
Buenos Aires this week introduced a special discount card exclusively for use by gay tourists, almost 1 million of whom visit the Argentinian capital annually. The "Friendly Card" is in response to the fact that between 10 to 15 percent of the tourists to Buenos Aires are gay, and can now save between $50 and 200 by using the card at participating restaurants, hotels and other gay-friendly businesses, including emergency medical aid, attorneys' offices and cell phone rental for use during a visit to B.A.

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 17, 2007 - 11:04 AM

SF Visitors Bureau Campaign Targets Gay Tourists

Quote:
(BCN) SAN FRANCISCO A new ad campaign launched by the San Francisco Convention and Visitors Bureau in coordination with Southwest Airlines will attempt to increase the number of gay and lesbian travelers visiting the city, officials announced Wednesday.

The $180,000 tourism campaign will focus on advertising and marketing tactics, including ticket giveaways and informational mailers, officials said.

As another article touching upon the subject said:

"More? San Francisco needs more gay visitors?"

Quote:
It may seem redundant to think any entity needs to woo any gay, lesbian or bisexual traveler to the most famous gay-friendly city on the planet. But the competition for the "best gay destination" is rivaled only by the "official" tag everyone seems to covet.

Just imagine San Francisco's chagrin when Las Vegas nudged out the City by the Bay in 2005 as the gay-friendlier destination, according to a survey done that year by Community Marketing. Community Marketing, Inc. used online and field research to survey more than 4,000 gays and lesbians worldwide.

When you consider that New York City is the number one choice of Gay men and this 'nudging out' put San Francisco in the number three slot... Sweetie, that's not even 'B-list' ... I would think that SF's chagrin must be considerable indeed, though they can take solace in the fact that the Travel Industry Association says that San Fransisco is, in fact, the number one gay-friendly destination in the US.

Nah... Considering they're dropping 180 grand on some marketing scheme, I'm thinking they take no solace from the contradictory statistic at all.

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 20, 2007 - 03:16 AM

Quote:
When you consider that New York City is the number one choice of Gay men

Why? This town has gone on a rampage trying to erase all visible signs of faggotry. Bars and clubs have closed by the dozens in the past five years. Whole neighborhoods have been emptied of their gay residents. I don't think NYC is a really worthwile destination for gays at all. Maybe if you live in a small, rural town...maybe.

For my money give me Paris, London or Berlin. Hell, I'd even schlep all the way to Sidney if their seasons weren't out of whack and if I could afford it and could stand being in a plane for that long.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 20, 2007 - 08:35 AM

Paris, London, Berlin?

I hear Cologne is pretty sweet (in bits). Rumor has it there is some fantabulosa (that's Polari, don't cha know... means something like 'faabulous,' but it's easier to pronounce) Gay sporting event coming up there soon. There are few things more 'destination-worthy' than free-range hunkasaurs, except maybe massive herds of free-range hunkasaurs.

Rain
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 20, 2007 - 09:29 AM

Cologne? Cologne? Oh, yes...it's that city in Germany.

Reeperbahn in Hamburg. Oh my.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

vanrozenheim
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2007 - 05:06 AM
Site Admin

Feral wrote:
I hear Cologne is pretty sweet (in bits). Rumor has it there is some fantabulosa (that's Polari, don't cha know... means something like 'faabulous,' but it's easier to pronounce) Gay sporting event coming up there soon.

Yep, Cologne is a fine destination for tourism. Not only because all those cute laddies, but also because it is not that far from the Lorelei which became famous thanks to Heinrich Heine. From Cologne, one is within an hour in Düsseldorf, likewise in Bonn or Aachen.

Cologne is actually a quite ugly, somewhat dirty and smelly city, but it has a certain charm because of the people here. Believe it or not, the folks here are far more relaxed and gay Wink than somewhere else in Germany. It's cozy in Cologne, and we throw the largest and funniest CSD in Germany. Remarkably, the heterosexuals here are very pragmatic people, and are basically thankfull to Gays for delivering them a second Karneval in the year.

Berlin has much more to offer for intellectuals (museums, opera etc) but it is not a very friendly city. For Gays, the risk of being assaulted by fascists or straight ghetto kids is significantly higher than in Hamburg or Cologne. The entire city is very undustrous and everyone runs like an ant while pursuing his or her daily businesses. It is really comical situation to ask someone for a way just to see the person come to a stop three meters past you, than return and talk with you, while instantly looking to the watch. Your humble servant suffers from nervous unrest and agitation if forced to stay in Berlin longer than 3 days, but it is a vibrant and exciting city, for those who appreciate such things.

The Gay Games are sheduled for 2010, but they are buzy organizing things already now. I happend to befriend a guy who is involved there as volunteer, and it is going to become a really huge event. Conveniently, I do not need to travel around the world - what a happy coincidence of circumstances. If Magomet doesn't go to the mountain, the mountain will certainly come to Magomet, one day. Wink

Jump to: