Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject: Queers I have met online... and then in person  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2007 - 09:08 PM

Well, I just recently met "CWW" when he was out here for the Labour Day long weekend, and now I just got phoned by "Amy Grace", who's out here for the Hills Garlic Festival. (She's gonna come out and pick me up and we're gonna see what trouble we can cause.)

I shall report later on *both* visits...

Reply with quote Back to top
berto
Post subject: RE: Queers I have met online... and then in person  PostPosted: Sep 10, 2007 - 03:19 AM

Well, Amy and I had our 'date'... It seems the Garlic Fest is a victim of its own success -- too crowded, too long line-ups at virtually all the vendors (and it was bloody hot out there today too.) Plus Amy was not feeling 100%, in terms of walking -- she had a bicycling accident a few weeks back -- and we had to park a fair distance away.

So, we went for a bite to eat downtown (where we wouldn't have to stand in the heat in a huge line-up) and gave our business to a local lesbian couple who I like to support. We had a nice snack, a good visit, commisserated on computer issues, and then Amy went off to buy some garlic before she went home (to add to the onions she bought earlier), while I went to see if I could straighten out some computer problems my buddy was having at his newspaper office. I had quite a fun visit.

More later.

vanrozenheim
Post subject: RE: Queers I have met online... and then in person  PostPosted: Sep 13, 2007 - 11:43 AM
Site Admin

That's funny... considering you aren't living in an overcrowded area. But of course, Internet is a fine place to find like-minded individuals. Your humble servant has made the experience that such contacts are very sustainable.

berto
Post subject: RE: Queers I have met online... and then in person  PostPosted: Sep 13, 2007 - 01:46 PM

I would LOVE to add Rain to this list ( Wink )

The fact that I would love to add Fer and KT to this list goes without saying, as I adore them both...

Feral
Post subject: RE: Queers I have met online... and then in person  PostPosted: Sep 13, 2007 - 01:58 PM

A pity you do not travel more then. Hug!!

berto
Post subject: RE: Queers I have met online... and then in person  PostPosted: Sep 13, 2007 - 04:18 PM

Hey, it's YOUR stupid government that will not permit me to cross the border...

Rain
Post subject: RE: Queers I have met online... and then in person  PostPosted: Sep 13, 2007 - 05:07 PM

Our stupid government will not permit anyone or anything to cross the border these days, save Chinese imports and street drugs. And they need both. But I could do with more of the latter and dispense with the former.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Feral
Post subject: Re: RE: Queers I have met online... and then in person  PostPosted: Sep 14, 2007 - 07:14 AM

berto wrote:
Hey, it's YOUR stupid government that will not permit me to cross the border...

You are mistaken, Sweetie. MY government does not acknowledge a meaningful border between us at all -- there is nothing to cross. Someone's government may indeed be behaving in a most vexatious manner, but that would not be my government.

Besides... my government is currently much too deeply embroiled in the widening go-go boy controversy. It started simply enough... there should be strategically positioned dance platforms for go-go boys along all Gay parade routes. The go-go boy lobby promptly countered with a demand for permanent dance platforms along all public streets (their fall-back position is limiting them to public parks, but since they are hoping for more they will not admit to this publicly). The strippers' lobby is withholding their support unless they are 'clothing optional' platforms. Since these fellows are allied with the nudists, they are effectively stonewalling the entire effort. Last week, some wickedly effective agents provocateurs started yelling something that I couldn't quite make out about thongs and there was nearly a riot. (Never be so foolish as to wade into any heated discussion of thongs... impassioned and enthusiastic discussions are fine, but avoid the heated ones at all costs.) The Home Department's current strategy is to throw a massive (nude) foam party. Then the cointelpro boys are going to concoct a "grassroots" petition drive for state-funded foam party coliseums in every city. With a little luck, either the strippers or the nudists will blink before the enviro-mos start going on about the biodegradability of the foam (though I understand we have an agreement with the PETA types; the government is using animal-testing-free foam and has agreed that their anti-fur posters featuring naked models amount to "meaningful beautification of the city" for tax purposes). It is hoped that the go-go boys will be able to shake their wild things on public platforms by October, but it is by no means a done deal.

Nope... my government has much more urgent matters to attend to than fussing over who crosses what lines on the map.

Jump to: