Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Rain
Post subject: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2007 - 06:00 AM

Some weird error message displays upon logging onto GRD. Although hitting the back button shows that you have indeed logged in, the error page does prevent you from moving forward into the forum.

Just thought I'd mention this. The GRD fairies may or may not be aware of it.

Reply with quote Back to top
Feral
Post subject: RE: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2007 - 06:29 AM

Strange, indeed. Oddly enough, I've logged in a number of times in the last couple hours (the curse of cookies that get deleted when I close my browser) without troubles. As I recall, you are using that 'vista' thing Microsoft put out, correct?

Rain
Post subject: RE: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2007 - 07:40 PM

Yes, I'm using Windblows Vista. And I do notice this problem started after another "update" from Microsoft.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Rain
Post subject: RE: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2007 - 08:28 PM

Ah...it only happens when I click the Forum link first and then try to log in. When I log in by clicking the log in link on the main page, it works as it should.

Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless - each of us with his or her right upon the earth; Each of us allowed the eternal purports of the earth; Each of us here as divinely as any is here. ~ Walt Whitman

Rain
Post subject: RE: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2007 - 10:25 PM

Problem resolved. I don't know if the faeries where at work or not, but I added the site to my "trusted" list (absurd...any link I click on should automatically be assumed to be trusted...but hey, I don't work for Bill). That seems to have done the trick.

Note to faeries:

Advise all current and future members to add "https//:*gayrepublic.org" (without quotation marks) to their Trusted List under Internet Explorer settings. Even if you do NOT use IE, many third-party browsers apply IE's settings by default. And by the way...it is never a good idea to completely remove IE from a Windows-based machine. It will cause havoc with many other things. I learned this the dumb way.

Feral
Post subject: RE: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 10, 2007 - 03:33 AM

Beware the vista beast. It is evil.

Rain
Post subject: RE: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 11, 2007 - 06:21 AM

Well...I thought it was fixed. Here's the error message:

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404
gayrepublic.org
Tue Sep 11 06:20:11 2007
Apache

vanrozenheim
Post subject: Re: RE: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 11, 2007 - 09:34 PM
Site Admin

Rain wrote:
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

What page were you trying to access? Wink I need this information to see what problem might have happened there.

There are a few possibilities for getting a 404 error:

1) The file that you address was deleted or renamed (happens with dynamic pages by times);

2) You made a mistake while typing in the URL.

The other problem occures very often: when one goes back in the browser, PostNuke seems not to recognize one and insists that one can not post. The remedy is easy: simply re-load the site and do what you wanted to do.

Rain
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2007 - 02:23 AM

Quote:
What page were you trying to access? I need this information to see what problem might have happened there.

I clicked on the log in link on the main page. It also happens if you click: Forums--->Log In. But it doesn't happen all the time, only most of the time. That's why I assumed it was fixed.

It could be an I.E. 7 bug. Maybe using another browser might take care of the problem. IE was slightly modified with the installation of the new Windows Live Suite of software. I don't think I'll forego the new and improved Windows Live Suite. It's just way more practical than anything that MS has done so far. And it includes one handy tool...Sky Drive. I'll just download another browser to access GRD.

Feral
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2007 - 03:54 AM

Might I recommend Mozilla? The 'zilla has been treating me very, very well since IE exhausted my really quite legendary patience. I know others would as enthusiastically endorse Opera.

Rain
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2007 - 04:42 AM

Firefox can be a pain. I've had installed on this machine. It doesn't play nice with Vista. I'm going to install Apple's Safari which is now compatible with Windblows. Let's see how it goes.

I have been wondering how feasible it would be to have a files section on GRD. One where we could upload files for other members to download. Goodness knows, my constant visits to some seedier sections of the internet yield some interesting results and resources I'd be more than happy to share.

berto
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2007 - 09:56 AM

Get. A. Mac.

Seriously.

As Dan says, "Friends don't let friends use PCs..."

Feral
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2007 - 10:31 AM

Rain wrote:
It doesn't play nice with Vista.

Sweetie... nothing plays nice with Vista. Vista is evil. I mentioned this earlier.

Smile

Quote:
I have been wondering how feasible it would be to have a files section on GRD. One where we could upload files for other members to download. Goodness knows, my constant visits to some seedier sections of the internet yield some interesting results and resources I'd be more than happy to share.

Just a thought... HEZ is still there, and you ARE the lord high grand poobah creator/owner/god of the thing.

vanrozenheim
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2007 - 02:55 PM
Site Admin

Rain wrote:
I have been wondering how feasible it would be to have a files section on GRD. One where we could upload files for other members to download.

Hm, the demand as such is entirely legitimate... The problem is, of course, that anybody can register to GRD -- less nice people, too. I am reluctant to accept the idea of an anonyme FTP access to the server, and honestly do not trust our software to manage the process safely.

Would it help if you upload the stuff somewhere else (Yahoo, Flicker etc.) and post an entry in our newly established Downloads section?

Rain
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2007 - 07:21 PM

Quote:
Would it help if you upload the stuff somewhere else (Yahoo, Flicker etc.) and post an entry in our newly established Downloads section?

How efficient the gays are! They really should get their own republic, you know!

There is also THIS I found while rummaging about the 'net:

SWAPPER

Ostensibly we could create a GRD account and have all members access it.

Rain
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Strange bug when logging on...  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2007 - 07:23 PM

HEZ is a nice idea. Except for Yahoo's size limits on uploaded files. It's great for pictures and smaller files. Not so good for larger audio, video or zip files.

Jump to: