Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject: Aaaaarrrrgggg! Earworms!!!!!  PostPosted: Aug 09, 2007 - 07:02 PM

Have you ever had a song stuck in your head that WILL not go away? I recently re-watched "Almost Famous" (a truly fun flick), and the one scene, where everyone in the bus was singing along to Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" got that damn song running through my head -- for the past three *days*...

Well, I finally tracked down a copy of it, recorded it onto my computer and set it to play on repeat, over and over all night while I slept last night. Hopefully that will exorcise it.

How do YOU handle earworms?

Reply with quote Back to top
Feral
Post subject: RE: Aaaaarrrrgggg! Earworms!!!!!  PostPosted: Aug 10, 2007 - 07:02 AM

Well, I enjoy them. I once got to listen to Hanson's 'Mmbop' repeatedly for nearly three days. I would wake with it playing in my head. The song was quite popular at the time, and about the only thing wrong with getting it stuck in my head was that the sound from the cars in the street was out of sync with the song in my head.

Currently the tune that rattles around in my attic is Martijn ten Velden's "I wish You Would" (the Hook n Sling mix of it, thank goodness... it goes 'boom'). I have no desire to exorcise it any time soon.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: