Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
Feral
Post subject: American queers to Russian gays: Drop dead  PostPosted: Jun 07, 2007 - 12:21 PM

American queers to Russian gays: Drop dead

(The piece is here as well)

Quote:
But what I refuse to accept is that nonprofits should not be doing such advocacy, as part of a multi-pronged approach. Please don't tell me we need to start another organization to engage in street activism or stage speak outs, when we already have enough groups with lots of staffers who could do such work.

I'm upset with American queers who by and large are woefully apathetic about international gay issues and our brothers and sisters beyond our borders, while also refusing to demand from nonprofits more methods and a variety of pressures on foreign governments.

Our community-wide ignorance and lethargy on global gay issues send a deafening message: "We don't care. Drop dead."

We must do more for the brave gays of Moscow and our family members all across the globe.

The emphasis is mine, not Mr Petrelis' or that of BAR.

Sorry, Mike. I've already said so, as did Larry Kramer.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: