Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2007 - 03:01 PM

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....... this is NO different than chiseling the gay erotica off ancient Indian temples. It is yet another attempt to obliterate our history.

Reply with quote Back to top
Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2007 - 09:07 AM

Student newspapers pulled

Quote:
For weeks, officials at Spring Arbor University have hoped the story about a fired transgender professor who filed a discrimination claim would go away.

Last month, the administration took matters into their own hands, removing from racks about 500 copies of the Crusader, a university-funded student newspaper. The issue included a story about the university's settlement with Julie Nemecek.

Five days later, administrators gave the student editor-in-chief the option of getting the papers back -- but only if the Nemecek article was cut out. Rebecca Eve Schweitzer complied, taking the scissors to 75 copies for redistribution. The rest were thrown out voluntarily.

Feral
Post subject: Transgender professor, Michigan school settle dispute  PostPosted: Mar 14, 2007 - 04:45 AM

Fired transgender professor, Michigan Christian school settle dispute

Quote:
LANSING, Michigan.: A transgender professor who was fired by a Christian university in Michigan has reached a settlement in her discrimination complaint.

Julie Nemecek and Spring Arbor University agreed to the deal Monday after mediation talks with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Terms of the settlement were not released, but Nemecek said Tuesday she will no longer be employed by the school outside Jackson, about 75 miles (121 kilometers) west of Detroit.

"It was a lengthy process and both sides are happy," said Nemecek, a man who recently changed her name from John. "I'm looking for other employment. I may do some consulting work. I'm definitely going to do advocacy for transgender issues. I won't give up that fight."

Jump to: