Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2007 - 09:57 AM

Oh THAT'S believable, for sure. Rolling Eyes

Reply with quote Back to top
Feral
Post subject: SC--Hotel Wouldn't Rent to Us Because We're Gay  PostPosted: Mar 29, 2007 - 04:22 AM

Hotel Wouldn't Rent to Us Because We're Gay

Quote:
Sumter) - A gay couple looking to rent a hotel room say they were turned away because of their sexuality.

"She wasn't discreet about it," said Jason Pickel, referring to a hotel employee. "She was not apologetic. She just said, 'We do not rent to gay people.'"

"We were inquiring about the price, deposits, extra person fee, and she asked who the room was going to be for, and I said for my partner and I,” Pickel said. “She said, 'Oh we don't rent to multiple people of the same sex.' I said, so you don't rent to gay couples? She said, 'No, we don't rent to gay people at all.'"

News19 contacted the hotel, posing as a potential renter, and inquired about two men staying in the same room. The receptionist who answered the phone told us the following: “Our policy is we don’t rent to two people of the same sex if we only have one bed.” “Is that your policy,” we asked. “That’s corporate policy because they only have one sleeping area.” We then asked, “Okay, but they can't share the bed?” "I suppose they could, but most men don’t want to," she said.

However, when News19 called the owner of the hotel, Carroll Atkisson, he says there had been some confusion. He says any couple can come to the place and they will rent to them, period. Atkisson says the policy was not mean to target homosexuals. He says they were just trying to stop two single people from being in the same bed.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: