Google

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Advertisements
berto
Post subject: Star Trekking, across the universe...  PostPosted: Mar 18, 2007 - 08:25 AM

"... always going forward, 'coz we can't find reverse..."

*hee* (anybody else ever hear that ditty?

Anyhoo, I take it y'all have read about the new "gay Star Trek episode". Anyone gonna check it out? Anyone seen the previous "Hidden Frontiers" fan-created episode that they mention?

I'd like to see it, but I fear it would be a horror to try to download on dial-up. I'd still be curious to hear what others think, though.

Reply with quote Back to top
Feral
Post subject: RE: Star Trekking, across the universe...  PostPosted: Mar 18, 2007 - 08:43 AM

LOL

And me on dial-up as well.

I was curious when Hidden Frontiers started up -- thought it would be a horror on dial-up then. Since then my curiosity has faded considerably. I enjoyed Star Trek -- there are good seasons to all the incarnations of the show. There are, of course, seasons like the first season of Next Generation... bad ones. I'll freely admit to actually not having seen a great many episodes of Enterprise (and feeling a healthier person for it). I'll also freely admit that I've quite likely seen every episode of all the other series... in the case of the original, up to 8 times each (it was in syndication for a looooooong time).

Thing is, I've never really been a Trekkie. I just don't like the show enough to watch amateur spin-offs.

Still, I hear they're fairly popular.

And good on that writer for handing over the script for a re-write.

(And how pathetic is it that the Google toolbar's spelling checker has an opinion on the spelling of "Trekkie"?)

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2007 - 09:23 AM

So... have you heard the song? Very Happy I can't remember who did it, but it was quite funny...

"It's life, Jim, but not as we know it/ not as we know it/ not as we know it/ it's life Jim, but not as we know it/ not as we know it, Jim...

There's Klingons on the starboard bow/starboard bow, starboard bow/There's Klingons on the starboard bow/ Scrape them off, Jim!"

*hee-hee* :rotfl:

anyway...

Quote:
There are, of course, seasons like the first season of Next Generation... bad ones

Yikes! Very true, that!

Quote:
I'll freely admit to actually not having seen a great many episodes of Enterprise (and feeling a healthier person for it). I'll also freely admit that I've quite likely seen every episode of all the other series... in the case of the original, up to 8 times each (it was in syndication for a looooooong time).

I saw the original series (maybe not every episode, and certainly not eight times each, and much of TNG. Watched some DSN episodes. but definitely my least-liked ST series. My favorite series was "Voyager" -- and I *loved* John Delancy as "Q" -- he was *awesome*! Tell me he wasn't sorta gay. Mr. Green Sadly, I moved west and never saw the last few years of "Voyager", and I haven't seen anything of any since.

Quote:
Thing is, I've never really been a Trekkie. I just don't like the show enough to watch amateur spin-offs.

Oh, I'm nowhere near fanatical enough to be a "trekkie" -- I am a mere sometimes fan (who thinks Wrath of Khan was the best movie so far, followed by "The Undiscovered Country" -- loved Ricardo Mantelbaun and Christopher Plummer both.)

Quote:
(And how pathetic is it that the Google toolbar's spelling checker has an opinion on the spelling of "Trekkie"?)

LOL Mr. Green

vanrozenheim
Post subject: Re: Star Trekking, across the universe...  PostPosted: Mar 18, 2007 - 10:09 AM
Site Admin

'berto wrote:
Anyhoo, I take it y'all have read about the new "gay Star Trek episode". Anyone gonna check it out? Anyone seen the previous "Hidden Frontiers" fan-created episode that they mention?

I'd like to see it, but I fear it would be a horror to try to download on dial-up. I'd still be curious to hear what others think, though.

I have seen Hidden Frontier and I have enjoyed them greately. Clearly, the first episodes were not really well-done and there was also no gay storyline at first, but then it got much better (but keep their budget in mind). There were several scenes which have recompensed me richly for watching the some less successful episodes. For example, the scene with a twink Bajorian having a sexual adventure with a Klingon was a good lough. Wink It is perhaps a really good idea to watch some of the newer episodes before you decide that you will love to see the first episodes as well.

I am not at all sure you will experience many more difficulties using dial-up than broadband: their servers are pretty slow anyway. It was a torture for me too - with broadband.

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2007 - 04:40 PM

'berto wrote:
So... have you heard the song? Very Happy I can't remember who did it, but it was quite funny...

I have not. It's prominent enough of a tune that the lyrics are easy enough to find. I noted during the search that it would not have been hard to find audio of it as well.

Yah.

Like I said, I'm not that much of a Trekkie. I've never had a "tribble" either, or a simulacrum of any of the series' props. ...DID have a model of the Next Generation's version of the Enterprise, and was well pleased with it.

Quote:
My favorite series was "Voyager" -- and I *loved* John Delancy as "Q" -- he was *awesome*! Tell me he wasn't sorta gay. Mr. Green Sadly, I moved west and never saw the last few years of "Voyager", and I haven't seen anything of any since.

Ahem. I shall not speak of this "Q."

It's unfortunate you missed the last years of Voyager. They were the better part of that series, in my opinion. The middle of DSN is their best work, in my opinion, though this changes to the end if you favor "the war." If DSN was your least favored of the series, just what drugs were you on when you watched Enterprise?

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2007 - 04:46 PM

Quote:
what drugs were you on when you watched Enterprise?

Ya ever notice that Chakotai? Wink Razz

... and what was wrong with John Delancey???

Kyleovision
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2007 - 10:16 PM

Quote:

Ya ever notice that Chakotai?

It's sad that I know this, but Chakotay was on Voyager, not Enterprise. The only loveable character on Enterprise was the dog, which, to my shame, I can recall was named 'Porthos.'

But I'm not a Trekkie! I swear!

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2007 - 03:53 AM

'berto wrote:
Quote:
what drugs were you on when you watched Enterprise?

Ya ever notice that Chakotai? Wink Razz

... and what was wrong with John Delancey???

I noticed an adorable Bajoran on Voyager that lasted all of one episode. It was back when at least someone remembered the trope that Bajorans had (more or less) 'reversed' gender roles. Otherwise, there was moderate eye-candy in all of them.

What was wrong with John Delancey? Everything. We shall not talk of this "Q." This is a known point of friction.

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2007 - 09:30 AM

Kyleovision wrote:
It's sad that I know this, but Chakotay was on Voyager, not Enterprise.

Not only that, but you know how to spell "Chakotai" apparently. Razz

And you are, of course, quite right about the series mix-up; I never saw *any* of the "Enterprise" series.

Quote:
We shall not talk of this "Q." This is a known point of friction.

Not known to me... sorry. (Old BF's of KT's or something?) Wink

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2007 - 06:15 PM

Oh? I suppose it will not shake the universe to its foundations if we reopen the feud then. There are those who think "Q" was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Such people are, to put it bluntly, nuts. Then there are those who think "Q" was a waste of video tape and the electricity to light the sets. I'd be among them.

The quarrel between the Q-lovers and the Q-haters has been known to rage for more pages on a message board than the question of whether anyone really LIKES wearing thongs.

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2007 - 06:42 PM

No battle from me. We'll just have to agree to disagree. (And you *do* realize that there was more than one Q who appeared on the Voyager series, don't you?)

Feral
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2007 - 06:54 PM

La la la la la la la la la la la

I can't hear you

berto
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2007 - 07:42 PM

LOL Mr. Green

Jump to: